The launch of Ingram Micro’s new Ingram Micro VMware Accelerate program comes on the back of Ingram Micro Australia’s recent win of the Asia-Pacific distributor of the year and global distributor of the year awards at VMware’s 2013 partner exchange event.
The new program offers a structured online product and sales training program for VMware resellers to help them to grow their VMware business.
Ingram Micro enterprise software and Cloud services senior business manager, Lee Welch, said it launched the program to build a platform that delivers on all the necessary components – online training, support, accreditation, tools and resources, incentive programs, and special pricing – in a structured program that generates tangible results.
“We’re able to help resellers to up-skill on the technical and sales side while at the same time applying that learning to growing their sales pipelines and adding margin. We’ve see some fantastic results with our other programs, and I fully expect our new Ingram program will be every bit as successful.”
Welch claimed the program builds on the training and enablement programs that Ingram Micro has already introduced and is continuing to run, such as its Cloud Advance program.
“We spent a lot of time talking to resellers to understand what they really needed to help them grow their business, and how we could deliver this to them in a way that makes it easy for them to consume, and delivers real results,” he said.
Other features of the program include:
- demand generation activity including outbound marketing, telemarketing and “lunch-and-learn” sessions for end-users
- access to a dedicated business development manager to assist resellers with business development strategy and planning
- incentives to encourage and reward resellers for participating
- access to advanced VMware expertise, tools and resources
- technical pre-sales support from Ingram Micro’s solutions architect team
Participation in the Ingram Micro VMware Accelerate program is available to Ingram Micro resellers for free and those interested in participating are invited to register at Ingram Micro’s VMware Accelerate website.