Getronics inks print servicing deal

Getronics inks print servicing deal


Integration and services outfit Getronics has been appointed as the national third-party maintenance provider for Minolta-QMS colour and monochrome laser printers.

The deal will see Getronics working with Minolta's newly established regional technical call centre to provide installation, warranty and service repairs from resellers' customers who are not accredited to service the machines themselves. Existing Minolta-QMS authorised service providers, such as Office National, Danka and Minolta Business Equipment, will retain their existing service agreements with the vendor.

According to the vendor, more than 80 per cent of calls to the call centre are solved over the phone. The remaining 20 per cent are assigned to technicians.

"Oue objective is to minimise the amount of time our customers are inconvenienced," explained Minolta-QMS managing director for the Asia Pacific, Stuart Drysdale.

Getronics provides managed services across 19 different areas, from asset management to the deployment of desktops and servers. The area accounts for around 70 per cent of the company's revenues.

"We have a huge services base all over Australia and provide services for many of the large vendors, either through resellers or directly with the company," said Getronics communications manager Sue Gleave.

Minolta-QMS was attracted to Getronics' reach throughout Australia.

"Not many people have the infrastructure to cover both the metropolitan and more remote regions," Gleave explained. "We service areas all over Australia."

Minolta-QMS is also offering an express warranty exchange program on its PagePro 1100 and 4100 series of monochrome laser printers.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.
Show Comments