Rugged laptop, the Getac B300, has been upgraded with twice the graphics capabilities of the previous generation B300.
Aimed at public safety, military and field service users, the new B300 has been engineered to operate longer and faster than most rugged devices on the market.
Powered by the latest third Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, the device incorporates Intel vPro technology and has a 67 per cent increase in speed; an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 card delivers rapid access to high-performance graphics, greatly improving display imagery, intricate mapping and advanced video streaming.
The device is also ANSI certified, guaranteeing it will not cause explosions. Its magnesium alloy surface treatment and specifically formulated coating for all magnesium components allow it to withstand long term operation under harsh, highly-corrosive salt fog environments.
The B300 is MIL-STD 3009 certified, meaning its screen can be seen with night vision goggles - but without the need for filters. By using a quick key, the B300 transforms into a night vision imaging system (NVIS). In daylight, the device offers an industry-leading 1400nits sunlight-readable QuadraClear touchscreen display, granting users complete visibility under bright sunshine.
It is suitable for users needing GPS data in the field. Its SiRFstarIV GPS chipset provides twice the search capacity of earlier chips to pinpoint a location faster and more accurately down to 2.5 metres.
Security-wise, the rugged notebook incorporates advanced features to safeguard restricted data, including fingerprint scanner, TPM 1.2, and smart card reader.
It will be distributed by Synnex Australia in Australasia..
The Getac B300 Fully Rugged Notebook Product deatures:
- Intel Core™ i7-3520M 2.9GHz or Intel Core™ i5-3320M 2.6GHz
- 13.3-inch Getac QuadraClear Sunlight Readable Display up to1400 Nits
- Up to 30 Hours of Battery Life with Dual Battery System
- USB 3.0, eSATA and HDMI Connectivity
- Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gobi™
- Bluetooth 2.1 Class 2
- SiRFstarIV™ high sensitivity GPS for enhanced positioning accuracy
- IP65 certified protected against water and dust ingress
- MIL-STD-810G protected against drops, shocks and vibration
- MIL-STD-461F protected against electromagnetic interference
- MIL-STD-3009 Night Vision Equipment Ready
- Operates in extreme wide temperature ranges (-29°C to 60°C)