The Australian and New Zealand Recycling Platform (ANZRP) has announced the formation of its board of directors, comprised of seven industry members and two independent directors.
ANZRP is a not-for-profit industry body formed to collect and recycle electronic waste. It was established in September/October 2011, and became approved by the government in March.
The board includes:
- Mark Mackay – ANZRP chairman (independent director)
- Robert Mesaros – HP Australia and New Zealand printing and personal systems (PPS) vice-president
- Alan Munro – Lenovo Australia and New Zealand managing director
- Janet Leslie – Canon Australia sustainability manager
- Garry Pearce – Epson Australia human resources and environment manager
- Steven Rust – Panasonic Australia managing director
- Martin Stokie – PwC Australia partner (independent director)
- Michael Wilson – Fuji Xerox Australia business operations general manager
- Mark Whittard – Toshiba Australia managing director
“Directors on the ANZRP board represent leading technology and consumer electronics organisations and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to drive the success of ANZRP,” Mackay said. “There is no better authority on how to effectively recycle these products than the companies that made them in the first place.”