D-link positions itself for consumer and SMB

D-link positions itself for consumer and SMB

President, AP Chen, says delving into the Cloud space opened up avenues for the company

Connectivity service provider, D-Link, is positioning itself as a consumer and SMB player in the market, according to its president, AP Chen.

He said 40 per cent of the company’s revenue is derived from SMB sales while the other 60 per cent comes from its consumer products.

Chen said that D-Link’s recent move to the Cloud space has enabled it to widen its market reach, focusing especially into the SMB space.

“It will allow us to become an application and solution provider on top of whatever hardware devices we have,” Chen said.

He claimed that the growth of mobility and User Generated Content (UGC) spurred D-Link to add the Cloud technology to its offerings.

“Our technologies evolve depending on the current trends. We see that as an opportunity that will bring about exponential growth. But there needs to be more storage, communication capabilities and content management,” Chen said.

He expects all consumer and SMB related products to become Cloud related in the coming years.

According to D-Link marketing director, Maurice Famularo, its uptake will intensify further with the rollout of the NBN.

D-Link’s long term strategy is to enter the surveillance industry.

“We will keep investing in the product development for security products, not only in cameras but also applications. It will be a progressive transition and we hope to take advantage of every surveillance opportunity that comes by,” Chen said.

D-Link A/NZ managing director, Domenic Torre, said that the IP security market in Australia is lagging behind the rest of the world.

In situating itself as a solution vendor rather than a hardware vendor, Chen said the company is exploring its possibilities as well talk with the various content owners and audio and video equipment vendors.

On a broader level, it is also using a ‘4S’ strategy that includes surveillance, solutions, storage and service, to position itself as a solution vendor.

“There is almost only about a 10 per cent penetration in the local market as far as IP security is concerned so the opportunity is huge,” he added.

In the coming months, the company will be integrating its camera products to its Cloud technology and introduce 10 more products in the next three months, such as its infotainment over the top box, media player and routers.

It targets the entertainment, healthcare and education verticals with its products.

D-Link also recently refreshed its newly launched partner program in Australia, making it specific only to its elite partners.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.
Show Comments