Panorama Synergy chairman, Aidan Montague, has created and launched fatalwebsitemistakes.com.au in an attempt to aid Australia small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in converting website visits to leads and sales.
Panorama Synergy is an online marketing and business solutions company.
Montague believes that most Australia websites succumb to ‘seven fatal flaws’, and therefore do not have the ability to generate new business or customers, with unique visits resembling lost revenue opportunities.
The website, which hosts the 7 Fatal Website Mistakes report, allows visitors to download a free copy by entering their name and email.
Montague’s approach within the report is concerned with what he labels as three key areas of marketing. This includes driving traffic, converting it, and having a structured system to do both.
“This is not about re-inventing the wheel, it’s about common business sense,” Montague said.
The most common website mistakes are:
- No lead generation capability
- Too much emphasis on look and feel (at the expense of functionality)
- Not building a list or database
- No optimised selling system (OSS)
- No unique selling proposition (USP)
- Too much reliance on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) / free traffic
- No adequate conversion measurement