Opengear looks at expanding A/NZ presence by attracting partner interest

Opengear looks at expanding A/NZ presence by attracting partner interest

The vendor aims to bring its US success down under

Remote infrastructure management solutions vendor, Opengear, is looking at expanding its partner network and building on its partner program for the A/NZ region, according to A/NZ business development and sales manager, Brendan Baker.

The privately-owned Australian-founded vendor is headquartered in the US where 80 per cent of its business is generated. The other 20 per cent is split between Europe and Australia.

“We have only started concentrating on the Australian market in the last 12 months,” Baker said. “In that time, we have had some great customers, including ISPs and NBN companies.”

“Now that we have built the customer base, we are looking at building our partner program and getting the bigger distributors involved – Dimension Data and Alpha West, for example.”

Opengear reports that it has had success in the expansion process thus far, having generated interest at last month’s Cisco Live event held in Melbourne.

The vendor is searching for value-added distributors who have technical expertise, and value-added resellers with integration experience. To attract such partners, Opengear is promoting its “continuous revenue stream” incentive.

“Our products are not just commodity devices that resellers sell and make 20 per cent from,” Baker said. “They can offer additional services and add onto the product for further gains.”

Opengear’s general growth goal across both Australia and the US is 50 per cent, and Baker anticipates that the company will achieve the target with its expansion strategy.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.
Show Comments