Acer has expanded its TravelMate arsenal with the addition of the 8473 notebook, a solution designed for superior security, manageability, and productivity.
Powered by second generation Intel Core processors, the product offers a 14-inch LED-backlit screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366x768 resolution. It also includes Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidia Optimus technology, as well as multi-monitor support.
To cater for the ongoing increase in security threats, Acer has integrated its ProShield security solution. The feature combats unauthorised access from BIOS level to application level. It also contains pre-boot authentication (PBA) with BIOS/HDD password, alternative Windows log-on with fingerprint reader, and TPM password.
Additionally, the Personal Secure Drive (PSD) encrypts critical files, and the File Shredder utility permanently removes files beyond recovery, while Backup Manager and eRecovery Management ensure data protection in case of crashes.
The Travelmate 8473 also offers up to eight hours battery life with its PowerSmart long cycle battery.
- Other features include:
- Disk Anti-Shock Protection (DASP) for hard disk insulation.
- DustDefender technology to prevent dust accumulation, and reversem mechanism to remove it.
- Magnesium-Aluminium case design to withstand pressure.
- Acer InstantView, a Linux based light OS designed for fast boot up.
- 750GB hard drive, with the ability to add a 128GB SSD.
- ProDock featuring USB 3.0/2.0 ports, Display port, DVI, HDMI, and VGA.
- Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi with Nplify wireless technology, Bluetooth 2.0 and integrated 3G module connectivity options.
- Crystal Eye 1.3MB HD webcam and built-in microphone.