Unified communications distributor, 24/7 Distribution has been awarded sole distribution rights for Sony video conferencing solutions.
The agreement comes at a time when the Australian video conferencing market is on a strong growth curve.
According to market research firm Frost & Sullivan, the market recorded 33 per cent revenue growth in 2010 and will more than triple by 2017 - an estimated combined annual growth rate of more than 19 per cent.
24/7 managing director, Tony Geagea, said, “Video communication is an increasingly vital part of the way businesses and government organisations drive workplace efficiency and superior real time communication.
“Partnering with Sony is a complementary and natural fit. This agreement with Sony means partners working with 24/7 Distribution can seamlessly incorporate Sony products into their unified communications solutions, while at the same having the peace of mind to know 24/7 is there to help them integrate this technology into their customers’ existing environments.
“We are committed to providing carrier network services such as fixed voice, data, internet and mobile – to complement our unified communications product portfolio and create a complete managed unified communications and ICT offering. The addition of video completes the picture.”
24/7, with Sony’s support, will work with its reseller base to provide:
- Sales lead generation
- Onsite product demonstrations to end users in a “sell with” fashion with resellers
- Presales support to end users on behalf of resellers, including support around proposal writing
- Professional services to end users on behalf of resellers including project management and installation
- Flexible post sale services including maintenance options and managed services
- A marketplace of hosted IT&T subscription-based services for partners offering subscription channel friendly applications as a utility. This will include a video communication solution.
Sony Professional Solutions general manager, Garry Rhodin, said the company believed it was the right time to work with 24/7, as it could provide a total solution to the combined partner base around integrating video, voice and data, a true unified communication solution.