META Group Expects Data Quality Market to Grow at a Compound Annual Rate of 30%
- 10 September, 2003 10:11
<p>META Group Expects Data Quality Market to Grow at a Compound Annual Rate of 30%</p>
<p>New Data Quality Tools Evaluation Report Released Today</p>
<p>SYDNEY, Australia (September 10, 2003) META Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: METG) today announced the availability of its newest Vendor & Technology Evaluation report, covering the data quality (DQ) software tool market. Managing data quality and consistency across the enterprise is a critical and growing issue for many organisations faced with integration challenges fuelled by initiatives such as CRM, ERP, and data warehousing. Based on its findings, META Group expects DQ adoption rates to expand 20%-30% annually during the next three to five years. The report evaluates vendors that offer solutions used in the identification and remediation of problems with enterprise information assets.</p>
<p>"Information should be considered part of the IT portfolio, and data quality solutions should be seen as a means to increase the value of that portfolio, in addition to reducing business risk and identifying business opportunity," said Doug Laney, vice president and director with META Group's Technology Research Services, and lead author of the report. "The data quality market will increasingly intersect with the data integration solution, compliance solution, business application, and e-commerce
market. However, DQ solutions will mature independently, improving their openness to integration with solutions in these other markets."</p>
<p>The significant breadth and depth of business rules used as a basis for data quality offerings are considerable barriers to entry, preventing vendors proffering ancillary data management technology from building competitive offerings from scratch. Since several of the leading DQ vendors are already subsidiaries of a parent company, users should not expect much consolidation within the DQ market during the next few years. Instead, niche players will come and go, continuing to chip away at the market by focusing on specific core functionality or introducing related niche capabilities.</p>
<p>Key Findings and Guidance
The Data Quality Tools report evaluates eight vendors in this market. These vendors offer various technologies for profiling, standardising, matching, cleansing, and enriching data to help ensure its accuracy, completeness, and integrity. The analysis
• DQ buyers will demonstrate a preference for market leaders, which continue to be those with the strongest presence-oriented strategies combined with the broadest array of capabilities.
• Leaders have stable, mature products with a deep, expanding knowledge base of data matching and cleansing business rules.
• There is not much room for new market leaders to emerge through 2005/06.
• Challengers are mainly characterised by their focus on a narrower scope of capabilities than the leaders.
• Legitimate challengers are able to offer core capabilities at attractive prices.
• Followers strictly focus on Windows/NT platforms, offer only a small subset of overall DQ capabilities, target small enterprises, and price their offerings to slip beneath budget radars.</p>
<p>About the Report
META Group's Data Quality Tools evaluation report helps organisations improve data quality and consistency across the enterprise, in part by defining and assessing the current vendor landscape. Providing comprehensive, side-by-side vendor comparisons and research, the report helps users evaluate the overall performance of IT vendors and their competitive market position as well as compare and contrast the strengths and limitations of each vendor's product offerings. The evaluation is based on META Group's METAspectrum methodology, which provides a framework for evaluating or selecting an appropriate IT vendor or product, simplifies the decision process, and enables more effective technology investments. To learn more about META Group Vendor & Technology Evaluation reports or the METAspectrum methodology, visit metagroup.com or call (61 2 9290 8688)</p>
<p>About META Group
META Group is a leading provider of information technology research, advisory services, and strategic consulting. Delivering objective and actionable guidance, META Group's experienced analysts and consultants are trusted advisors to IT and business executives around the world. Our unique collaborative models and dedicated customer service help clients be more efficient, effective, and timely in their use of IT to achieve their business goals. Visit metagroup.com for more details on our high-value approach.</p>
- Deloitte merges Asia Pacific businesses to create consultancy powerhouse
- Boost for business as Lake Macquarie invests in smart city network
- Aussie partners excel in Azure as Microsoft unveils MSP program
- Is AWS about to take on Cisco with network switches?
- Hammer blow for Huawei as 5G ban looms in Australia