Motorola has announced the availability of the Milestone 2, its new touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard mobile phone.
It will land in Australia in December and be sold through Vodafone and Optus. Pricing is not available at this stage.
The phone uses Android 2.2 OS and carries a 1GHz processor. It can be used as a 3G mobile hotspot in which five WiFi devices can connect to.
Milestone 2 has Motoblur to easily manage emails, messages and social network updates. It also supports Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and 720p high-definition video recording.
Internal memory is 8GB and it comes with an 8GB microSD card. External memory can be expanded to 32GB.
Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and YouTube are included in the device.
- 1 Ghz processor now with 802.11 b/g/n support
- 3G mobile hotspot – connect up to five other Wi-Fi devices
- Latest version of MOTOBLUR
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Multi-touch, pinch to zoom, double tap zoom
- 720p HD video capture and playback
- 5MP imager with dual LED flash
- Up to 40GB of memory 7
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Enterprise Exchange support
- Improved design; more spacious QWERTY keyboard including larger keys and better tactility
- DLNA / WiFi / Bluetooth® 2.16 connectivity
Additional functionality and apps include:
- Full suite of the Google applications: Google Search, Google Maps with Latitude and Street View, Gmail, YouTube, and Google Talk™
- Unified Google and Exchange Contacts
- Navigation: GPS, Google Maps with Latitude and Street View
- Email Support: IMAP/POP3, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Corporate Sync, Push Email
- Quick Office document viewer
- IM Support: Google Talk
- Calendar: Exchange, Calendar