Welcome to Penalty Box, ARN's daily World Cup 2010 wrap.
- LATEST SCORES: Group H
- Lan 1 (Honduras) 0 Juniper (Chile) 1
- Anyware Computer Accessories (Spain) 0 Hewlett Packard (Switzerland) 1
- Group A:
- Westcon Group (South Africa) 0 Cisco (Uruguay) 3
In the final game, second phase action started with sentimental favourites, Westcon Group, hoping to gain more points after its first round draw but Cisco had other ideas and smashed Westcon. It was 3-0 and it could have been more. To make matters worse Westcon had its goalkeeper sent off.
NEXT GAMES June 17/18 (AEST)
Group A: Citrix (France) vs Lenovo (Mexico)
Group B: Evolve IT (Argentina) vs Samsung (Korea); Simms International (Greece) vs Websense (Nigeria)
It's a huge night for Citrix which really needs a win against Lenovo to kickstart its campaign - a draw would put it in a difficult position where it would need to win its last game to qualify. With Cisco looking good on four points, it's a must win match for both teams. Tournament hot shots, Evolve IT, will want to ensure its berth in the next round by beating Samsung, which, in turn, would be happy with a draw - that could see it through to the next round. Can it do it? Possibly. But Evolve IT to win. In the other game both Simms International and Websense need a win if they are to have any hope of progressing - a draw is unlikely to do.
June 17, 2010
- Hopes shattered: Uruguay put South Africa to the sword
- Big picture: A match dripping in significance
- 85 years in the maing: History-making Swiss shock favourites, Spain
- Spanish press: 'Nightmare has started'
- Red-hot: Chile end 48-year drought
- Unhappy: Livid Kewell hits back at critics
- Cahill: Waits on red card ruling
- Of course, there isn't: FFA denies rift between Verbeek and players
- Ronaldo: Referees aren't protecting stars
- Pele: Gets rise out of Maradona
- Last word: 10 things more annoying than a vuvuzela
- Official website: All the latest from South Africa
- ARN's Cup home: Competitions, Penalty Box, slideshows ... it will all be here