Anyone else sick of the rain? If you’re not in Sydney, and don’t have rain, then congratulations, you’re having a better day than us.
State of the market
- Positive data coming out of the US is helping local markets recover. At 11:50am, the S&P/ASX200 was up 56.2 points.
- The Aussie dollar is still dropping and sells for $US0.8202. Gold is trading higher at $US1202.7 an ounce while oil is up slightly to $US69.5 a barrel.
- Facebook: 'Hindering the police'
- Facebook (2): Zuckerberg says users 'don't want complete privacy'
- Banking: ANZ staff set up fake site to track missing debtors
- Google: Hits back at Conroy
- Economy: 20 leading economists, academics back Rudd's resources super-profits tax
- Politics: Former PM Malcolm Fraser quits the Liberal Party
- Tourism: Selling Australia with a song
- Health: 'Killer' stomach bug strikes Australia
- Space: Hubble catches planet being eaten by its star
- Opinion: Rudd joins Poor Little Australia Party
- Business: No more mixed drinks for Foster's
- Weather woes: Sydney drenched as big wet set to continue
- Then there were three: Mystery woman makes a play for billionaire Pratt's estate
- State of Origin: How the Blues can win
- State of Origin(2): Gidley vows to increase violence
- World Cup 2010: Goal drought costs McDonald as Verbeek wields axe
- French Open 2010: Hewitt knocks back Chardy; Groth and Rodionova through
- French Open 2010 (2): Stosur building for showdown with Henin
- NRL: Bulldogs blamed for blocking SBW's return to NRL ranks
- NRL (2): Stuart trapped in league limbo
- AFL: League seeks 'further information' over St Kilda schoolgirl sex claims
- AFL (2): Johnson fined $500 for cocaine possession
- AFL (3): Bulldogs pitch in to help out Hall
- Rugby union: Mitchell to consult in South Africa
- Kristen Stewart: Follows in Jodie Foster's footsteps
- Film: Runaway success
- Theatre: Cate expectations pay off as STC turns a profit
- U2: Bono hospitalised in Germany
- <i>Sex and the City 2</i>: Accused of being 'anti-Muslim'
- <i>MasterChef</i>: Marion beats top chef
- Travel: Half-naked and crazy? This is the place for you
- Food: Hot dishes for cold weather
- Sydney: Shower or two. Min: 14, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Shower or two. Min: 10, Max: 18
- Brisbane: Mostly fine, chance of a shower. Min: 13, Max: 23
- Perth: Showers, possible thunderstorm. Min: 11, Max: 18
- Adelaide: Mainly fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 11, Max: 18
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 6, Max: 16
- Canberra: Mostly fine. Min: 4, Max: 15
- Darwin: Shower about. Min: 24, Max: 33