State of the market
- Global markets have plummeted with heavy falls in the US and Europe. At 11:40am, the S&P/ASX200 was down 117.8 points.
- The Aussie dollar is hitting new lows and sells for $US0.8169. Gold is trading at $US1180.6 an ounce and oil is down to $US68 a barrel.
- Secretly gay minister: NSW Transport Minister and husband, David Campbell, has resigned after footage of him emerging from a gay sex club was aired.
- Dollar plummets: The Aussie dollar has continued to nosedive as markets tumble
- Scientists create life: Geneticists have created the world’s first artificial life.
- Wall St set to change: The US Senate has passed laws to reform Wall St stock markets.
- Bangkok burns: Bangkok and Thailand are reeling as major shopping centres burn to the ground.
- Police claim killer caught: A former US Marines soldier has been charged with murdering Sydney nurse, Michelle Beets, after allegedly stalking her for six days.
- Cricket: Concerns raised over Pakistan’s wicket keeper.
- AFL: Akermanis claims he’s being misquoted
- T20 Cricket: Is Clarke struggling at the helm?
- State of Origin: NSW not concerned with Queensland
- Boxing: Darchinyan wins world title
- World Cup: New Zealand to play Australia in ‘friendly’ warm-up
- World Cup (2): New Zealand will not be easy this year.
- Olympics: Olympic mascots revealed.
- Lindsay Lohan arrest warrant recalled.
- NBA star tasered and arrested.
- Heidi Montag wants to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3.
- Modern Family smashes TV ratings.
- Lando Calrissian and Han Solo reunited.
- Sydney: A few showers. Min: 12, Max: 18
- Melbourne: Sunny. Min: 7, Max: 18
- Brisbane: Early shower or two. Min: 13, Max: 24
- Perth: Showers, possible thunderstorm. Min: 13, Max: 19
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 8, Max: 19
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 3, Max: 13
- Canberra: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 2, Max: 15
- Darwin: Shower or two. Min" 25, Max: 32
Product Wars: GPS voices