Lenovo business partners were showing off their best rock-and-roll moves in the garb of their music icons during the vendor’s recent channel conference.
Held at Cypress Lakes Resort in Sydney's Hunter Valley, the two-day event brought together a range of reseller and distributor representatives to discuss local and international strategy, as well as recognise partner efforts over the past 12 months.
The highlight of the retreat was the inaugural L-TV awards night, hosted by Adam Spencer, where a collection of individuals dressed up as music stars from Kiss, along with Lady Gaga, Usher and Freddie Mercury. Partners indulged in a spot of Band Hero before hitting the dance floor to rock out to covers group, Guns N Roses.
Awards were presented for:
- Lenovo Shining Partner Award: Dave Simpson, Evolve
- Lenovo Brand Master Award: Maria Bautista, Bangalow
- Lenovo “Duke or Duchess of Disti” Award: Cliff Mullee, Ingram Micro Australia
- Lenovo Einstein Award (Product Knowledge): Andy Sneikus, ThinkSolutions
- Lenovo SuperSalesStar ISR Award: Aimee Francis
- Lenovo I A.M (Account Manger) Legend Award: Onur Dincer
- Lenovo Channel Star Award: The Blue Connections Team
- Inaugural Lenovo Legend (Top Award): Kellie Petersen, Ingram Micro Australia
On a more casual note, Best Dressed Female went to Jane Murphy from Blue Connections for her fabulous Siouxsie Banshee costume, while Best Dressed Male was awarded to Nick Crofts from Blue Connections for his authentic Gene Simmons.
Alongside playing dress-ups, partners also indulged in wine tasting and golfing.