Robin Hood’s getting some good reviews. Sounds like a good excuse for a movie night.
- The big news this morning is a massive acquisition by SAP – $5.8 billion for Sybase.
- Brocade has [[artnid:346298| introduced a number of programs for its channel base.|new]]
- According to a number of recruitment experts, the $661 million announced in the budget for skills and training is certainly a positive, but possibly not enough.
State of the market
- The ASX is trending upwards again, which will be a welcome relief for some. At 12:03am it’s sitting at 4628.1 – up 55.1 points.
- The Aussie dollar is just about breaking the magic $US0.90 mark – it’s at $US0.8987 at the moment. Gold and oil have both dipped slightly - $US1236.4 and $US75.5 respectively.
- Legal action: HTC sues Apple, wants ban on iPad sales
- iPhone: New prototype surfaces in Vietnam
- Looking ahead: Is the GooglePad coming?
- Accidents will happen: Flat-screen TVs fair game for remotes, insurer says
- File-sharing: US judge rules against LimeWire in music piracy case
- Please explain: Why Google wants your Wi-Fi data
- Budget reply Abbott to set out 'better path' to surplus
- Budget reply (2) What Abbott should tell Swan tonight
- Politics: Opposition roasts PM over 'Latham-like' TV eruption
- Busted Dragan falls into AFP net after 43 days on the run
- Real estate: Property buyers hit with new sales tax
- British election: Cameron ushers in era of 'new politics'
- Environment: CSIRO should establish if there was medieval warming Down-Under
- Unemployment: Jobless rate steady
- Miracle: Boy, 8, only survivor as 103 killed in fiery plane crash
- Oh burger: Embarrassing arrest
- Strange but true: Bill Clinton raffles himself to pay off Hillary's campaign debt
- Europa League final: Forlan breaks Fulham's heart with extra-time goal
- Asian Champions League: Adelaide United bows out in fighting fashion
- World Cup shock: German star Lukas Podolski under police ivestigation
- Premier League: Chinese online gaming tycoon in talks to buy Liverpool, according to report
- A-League: Personal touch sees Glory get Fowler
- Cycling: Evans lets it slip in time trial
- NRL: Lote leads race to Maroons jumper
- NRL (2): Pet's project to keep Penrith strikeforce intact
- AFL: Costa's plan to keep Thompson
- AFL (2): Stokes' second coming
- Rugby union: Losing world's best loosehead not all bad news
- Music for dogs: A walkies on the wild side
- Cate Blanchett: I wanted to play Robin Hood
- Cannes Film Festival: Red carpet slideshow
- Art: Warhol self-portrait sells for $36.33 million at auction
- Food: Red wine benefits a myth
- Personal fitness and health: Obesity headed for 75 per cent
- Guilty: Sean Penn taped kicking paparazzo
- Travel: The world's best steak
- Bad girl: Miley Cyrus dirty dances with older man
- Film review: Letters to Juliet - 3.5 stars
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny. Min: 11, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Early drizzle clearing. Min: 10, Max: 18
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 9, Max: 25
- Perth: Early shower. Min: 8, Max: 19
- Adelaide: Fine and sunny. Min: 7, Max: 21
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 6, Max: 15
- Canberra: Fine. Early frost. Min: -1, Max: 17
- Darwin: Fine, partly cloudy. Min: 24, Max: 33
Product Wars: GPS voices
- Click here to cast your vote!