Halfway through the week, the budget’s been and gone, and now it’s time to plan the weekend. Sounds good? Does to us too.
- Retailers are threatened by overseas online shops, according to some recent research.
- Consumer electronics recovery is doing better in Australia than the US or UK, according to IDC.
State of the market
- The markets have gained ground after positive news from the big four banks. At 11:56am, the S&P/ASX200 was up 54.7 points.
- The Aussie dollar is mostly steady and selling for $US0.8955. Gold is still trading higher at $US1228.2 an ounce while oil prices have fallen to $US75.7 an ounce.
- Net filter: Study casts doubt over support
- Net filter (2): If Australia censors the Web, what will others do?
- Digital TV: Subsidies to top $1bn
- Office 2010: Banking on apps
- Well worth tasting: iPhone cooking apps
The Budget 2010
- Rudd It's a budget based on solid ground
- Hockey It's a budget based on quicksand
- Bonus tax take propels surplus Rosier recovery scenario
- Business reaction Welcomed ... with some corporate caution
- Ross Gittins The budget conjurer waves his magic cheque book again
- Paul Kelly Accounts deliver an election narrative
- Business opinion Cashed up and ready for action
- Full wrap What the Budget means for business and the individual
- Fees gouging Banks face huge class action
- UK election Cameron new British PM
- David Cameron profile: An enigma wrapped up in a prime minister
- Economy Mega stimulus spending was 'our lifeline'
- Employment: Skills hot spots get jump on shortages
- Education: Students 'told to stay home' from NAPLAN tests
- Religion: Church must take blame for abuse, says Pope
- Politics: we're paying the price for broken promises, Gillard says
- UFOs: Sightings above Perth
- Oh burger: Embarrassing arrest
- Strange but true: Topless woman saves neighbours from fire
- T20 World Cup: Smith bowls Australia into semi-finals
- 2010 Football World Cup: it's shock and Oar as our youngest Socceroo takes aim at the world
- 2010 Football World Cup (2): Injured, retired stars called up for World Cup
- 2010 Football World Cup (3): Full list of all the provisional squads
- Premier League: Cahill a Toffee for life
- Golf - Erica Blasberg tragedy: Dead golfer's father adamant she did not take her own life
- NRL: Nathan Brown announces return to Australia
- NRL (2): Gasnier the bargain Dragon
- AFL: League was 'out to get me' during year off, Cousins says
- AFL (2): Tigers pounce on young gun
- Rugby union: Stunt could rob Waratahs of home final
- Ratings shock: Sandilands bumps MasterChef from ratings perch
- Love story: Harry Potter actors to marry
- Biennale of Sydney: Take your partners and make up your minds
- Food: Cadbury introduces fair trade chocolate bar
- Mickey Rourke: Changes his spots
- Raquel Welch: The Pill made us immoral
- Travel: The hottest destination in the desert
- Gig review: Julian Casablancas - Strokes of genius
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 10, Max: 21
- Melbourne: Shower or two. Min: 9, Max: 16
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 10, Max: 23
- Perth: Few showers, thunderstorm risk. Min: 10, Max: 19
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 8, Max: 19
- Hobart: Shower or two. Min: 5, Max: 14
- Canberra: Fine. Early frost. Min: -1, Max: 15
- Darwin: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 24, Max: 33