The Federal Government is set to release the $25 million McKinsey implementation study into the National Broadband Network (NBN) on May 6.
A spokesperson for the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, said media reports the study had been sent back to its authors to be “reworked for an additional $2m fee” were entirely untrue.
“The report will be released in full as we received it on March 5,” the spokesperson said.
The news confirms the Minister’s earlier claims the study would be released in full without modifications before May 11, just in time for the next sitting of Parliament.
The release will allow debate to resume on a range of tech issues that The Australian Greens had previously threatened to vote down without access to the study.
The Minister had previously refused to confirm the release of the study.