New week, no public holiday, five days at the grindstone. To help ease the pain, checkout our selection of the latest - and in some cases most tantalising - news.
- Systems integrator, CSC, has landed a $30 million IT services deal.
- The Federal Government has dumped the controversial proposal to include businesses on the Do Not Call register.
- Chipset vendor, Intel, has warned that a major global channel program revamp is on the way for early next year.
State of the market
- A negative reaction by investors to the Henry Tax Review plus a weak lead from Wall St, sent the market lower on opening. Miners suffered the worst losing about $10 billion in value. At 12.12pm, the S&P/ASX200 was down 25.5 points at 4781.9.
- The Aussie dollar is up fractionally at $US0.9245. Gold is down $2.80 an ounce to $US1177.9 an ounce while oil prices are higher at $US86.3 a barrel.
- Microsoft: We don't like Flash either
- iPad 3G: Goes on sale
- Email hacker guilty: Faces 20 years behind bars
- Heavy traffic: More than 400 million online in China
- Mobiles: Blackberry knocks Motorola off its perch
- Tax: Swan plucks golden goose
- Henry Tax Review: Detailed coverage
- Economy: New data - inflation signals rate rise
- Education: Students fall down at high school
- Real estate: Housing tipped for price implosion
- Health: Wife despairs as depression takes a cold, deep hold
- World: Final British election debate leaves Brown battling
- Evolutionary flashback: Scientists revive ancient mammoth blood
- Liberal Party politics: Turnbull was right to go first time around, Minchin says
- World: No evidence of Taliban link to NY bomb
- British election: Tories poised to oust Gordon Brown from No 10
- No joke: Obama does stand-up comedy for a night
- R.I.P.: Farewell Max Whitehead, the original Chesty Bond
- Cricket T20 World Cup: Australia smashes Pakistan in opener
- Swimming: Ian Thorpe's coach backs possible comeback
- Boxing: Mayweather pounds out virtuoso win over Mosley
- Rugby league: Folau snubbed by Test selectors
- State of Origin: Lyon takes pole position for Blues playmaker job
- Premier League: Chelsea closer to title as United keep up pressure
- Rugby union: Reds staggering towards semi-finals
- MotoGP: Lorenzo completes golden day for Spain
- Tennis: Stosur falls at final hurdle
- AFL: Pies underline title credentials
- Snooker: Aussie's appearance in world championship final overshadowed by bribes scandal
- 2010 Logie Awards: Flamin' heck - Grown-up soap star takes out Gold Logie
- 2010 Logie Awards (2): Red Carpet gallery
- 2010 Logie Awards (3): Bert brings back class, but still it's not enough
- 2010 Logie Awards (4): Ten's number finally up in grab for Logie glory
- 2010 Logie Awards (5):Claudia Karvan has her own Superbowl moment
- Laurie Anderson: Songs from Delusion
- Travel: Australia's favourite airline is ... Air NZ?
- Review: Iron Man 2 - four stars
- Fashion Week: My week in catwalk clothes
- Fashion Week (2): Swimwear harks back to lazy summer days in the '50s
- Sydney: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 16, Max: 26
- Melbourne: Rain. Windy. Min: 15, Max: 21
- Brisbane: Showers. Min: 18, Max: 24
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 09, Max: 25
- Adelaide: Windy. Showers. Min: 16, Max: 195
- Hobart: A few showers Min: 11, Max: 21
- Canberra: Showers developing. Min: 08, Max: 21
- Darwin: Fine, partly cloudy. Min: 25, Max: 33
Results so far...
Click here to cast your vote!