Last day of the week. Oh yeah. Time to get all that work done and zap off to the weekend. In the meantime, here's all the news you need to know and some you probably don't - but which will be good for dropping over lunch or dinner.
- Intel has told partners to target specific verticals and emerging markets.
- Symantec has set up an Asia Pacific VAR council.
- Unions have warned that the NBN’s construction is putting workers’ lives at risk, after a man was shocked on site in Tasmania.
State of the market
- A rally on Wall St. has helped the local markets recover. At 11:49am, the S&P/ASX200 was up 32.1 points.
- The Aussie dollar has grown steadily to $US0.9300. Gold has risen to $US1173.7 an ounce while oil prices are higher at $US85.4 a barrel.
- Human evolution: Do you think it's viral?
- Jobs: Why we don't like Flash
- Adobe hits back at Apple: Let the people decide
- Microsoft: Kills would-be iPad killer
- Google:Not the last word in information
- Gaming: Developers held hostage
- Politics: Rudd hints at tax cuts for Australians
- Health: Cigarette plan to get Abbott's backing
- Health (2): 'Keeping me alive costs $100,00 a year'
- Organised crime: Gangland killer Carl Williams to be buried in gold-plated coffin
- Muslim storm: Hanson forced to take home off market
- Secret agent stunner: Mata Hari in the Kremlin
- World: Final British election debate leaves Brown battling
- Vladimir Putin: Latest cause is saving polar bears
- State politics: They ran the state, and now in retirement they're running up bills
- Black Saturday: Black day for leadership as Victoria burned
- Tiger tales: Woods had 120 women in five years of marriage, claims mag
- Rugby league/ARL: GWS in $3m swoop for Folau
- Rugby union: Folau could be the man to reintroduce the bomb
- Rugby union (2): Brumbies turn to fresh faces
- Europa League: Fulham clinches dramatic final spot as Liverpool falls
- Rugby league/union: Rebel Izzy could kiss Kangaroos jersey goodbye
- NRL: Sheens confident Storm squad is Test ready
- NRL (2): eels set pace to record membership
- T20 cricket: Hauritz hammered by teammates
- AFL: Ratten battling back problem
- AFL (2): Tigers in the wars
- John Lennon: Handwritten lyrics up for auction
- Food and drink: The coffee whisperer
- Katie Holmes: To play style icon
- Fashion: Move over Anna Wintour, there's a new queen
- Abbie Cornish:Dating Josh Hartnett
- Travel: Flight test - Virgin Atlantic upper class
- Review: Die Roten Punkte - Robot Lion Tour
- Most influential people: Who's really got clout
- Lindsay Lohan: My dad is a foul man
- Sydney: Fine. Increasing sunny periods. Min: 15, Max: 24
- Melbourne: Sunny. Min: 12, Max: 22
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 17, Max: 26
- Perth: Possible early shower. Min: 14, Max: 23
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Partly cloudy. Min: 13, Max: 25
- Hobart: Fine. Windy. Windy . Min: 09, Max: 20
- Canberra: Fine, early fog. Min: 05, Max: 20
- Darwin: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 24, Max: 34