One day down, three to go. And it's already hump day. So here's all the news you need to know and some you probably don't - but which will be good for dropping over lunch or dinner.
- Former shareholders in IT reseller, TLC IT, have called for further investigations into its fall.
- IT distie, Synnex, and Logitech have called it quits after nearly a decade of business together.
- IT salaries are on the up along with job numbers, with NSW, WA and Victoria looking good.
State of the market
- The markets have fallen sharply after very negative data from Europe. At 11:38am, the S&P/ASX200 was down 78.6 points.
- The Aussie dollar has slipped overnight to $US0.9188. Gold is higher at $US1166.5 an ounce while oil prices are down to $US81.9 a barrel.
- Problems highlighted: Kate's Party hoax takes aim at Facebook privacy
- 'Evil and sick' game: Facebook attack-a-hooker shame
- Banned: YouTube pulls MIA's Born Free
- iPad: Software update is malicious fake
- iCan't remember: So busy recording life they're at risk of missing it
- Here we go again?: World markets plunge as Greece junked
- Environment: Shelving ETS blamed on 'political realities'
- Politics: MPs fear Rudd losing control
- Urban planning: Melbourne set to overtake Sydney as biggest metropolis
- Education: Queensland is second state to admit extra BER fees
- Property: Housing shortfall locking out thousands
- No compassion: Pedestrians ignore New York hero as he lies dying
- Hanson's home sale: Muslim's need not apply
- '99.9% certainty': Noah's Ark discovered on Mount Ararat?
- Tough as nails: Max the miracle wonder dog survives being shot in head
- Jessica Watson: Forecast not swell for lone teen sailor
- NRL/Rugby union: Waldron receives huge golden handshake from Rebels
- NRL: Storm not the only cheats, say chiefs
- NRL (2): Coming to a TV near you ... 3D Origin
- NRL (3): News Ltd demands Storm player sale
- T20 cricket: Australia shocked by Zimbabwe in practice match
- AFL: Cousins 'baffled' by retirement rumours
- Football: Thorpe eager to make a splash for World Cup
- Football (2): Socceroos' new World Cup look really rubbish but not that bad
- Rugby union: Referee Walsh replaced for Brumbies clash
- Rugby union (2): Deans backs Super Reds to go all the way
- Afghanistan's only rockers : After the Taliban, indie dreams do come true
- Traumatised: Peter Andre reveals psych ward stay
- Booby trap: Slash invites Beiber to strip club
- Nothing to Crowe about: Claims Russell threatened to kill producer
- Sydney Writers' Festival: Eat, Pray, Cancel
- What a boob: Amy Winehouse's topless chaos
- Operator Please: Gloves - album review
- <i>Harry Potter</i>: Stars top young rich list
- Travel: Bali 'beach boys' rounded up after gigolo film
- First gay kiss: Bollywood film breaks taboos
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny. Min: 13, Max: 24
- Melbourne: Few showers. Min: 14, Max: 20
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 17, Max: 28
- Perth: Partly cloudy. Min: 14, Max: 27
- Adelaide: Morning shower or two. Partly cloudy. Min: 14, Max: 22
- Hobart: Shower or two. Windy. Windy . Min: 10, Max: 16
- Canberra: Mostly sunny. Min: 07, Max: 19
- Darwin: One or two showers. Min: 24, Max: 33