Back to work - but only four days this week. So here's all the news you need to know and some you probably don't - but is good for dropping over lunch or dinner.
- An Australian cloud providing reseller, ProxyMate.net, is planning to fight the Government’s proposed Net filter.
- Communications provider, Broadreach, has become a Tandberg Authorised System Integrator.
- The Department of Defence wants to overhaul its desktop fleet by replacing traditional PCs with virtualised thin client computers.
State of the market
- The markets have started morning trading in positive territory. At 11:46am, the S&P/ASX200 was up 10 points.
- The Aussie dollar is at $US0.9269. Gold is higher at $US1156.8 an ounce while oil prices are down to $US84 a barrel.
- Boobquake: 55,000 sign up
- Police act: Editor's home raided in lost iPhone probe
- Happy birthday: Hubble celebrates 20 years
- Facebook success story: Mythical bear creates monster
- Practical solution: Building an app for builders
- Many unhappy returns: ATO computers misfire
- Health: Officials withheld flu death details
- Politics: Labor on the mat in NSW and Victoria
- Walkway collapse: 11 students hurt at Newington College
- Urban planning: Melbourne set to overtake Sydney as biggest metropolis
- World: Greek bailout - $65b just the start
- Economic recovery: Sydney the weakest link, according to survey
- Environment: Dark side of solar power
- Climate: Hottest late April in 88 years
- Purr-fect rescue: Kitten back with saviour
- Strange but true: Rats invade New York's Upper East Side
- Strange but true (2): Einstein world's smallest horse at 35cm high
- NRL: Former Storm boss Waldron says he's ready to tell everything
- NRL (2): Melbourne Storm considers legal fight for titles
- NRL (3): Gold Coast Titans snatch victory from Manly
- AFL: Bomber's puzzling hit at Gaz
- AFL (2): No escape hatch for risky Cats
- Cricket: Famous Aussie 'fixed matches'
- Surfing: Gilmore on target for a fourth title
- Football: World Cup bid just got tougher
- Rugby union: Rebels set to win the fight for Folau
- Rugby union (2): Elsom reveals Brumbies' drama
- Regina Spektor : Spreads her musical wings
- Isabel Lucas : The shy, inspiring type
- Whitney Houston: London concert dubbed 'bad karaoke'
- Food: Sydney restaurant soars up world's best list
- Bieber fever: Finger pointed at parents
- Bernard Fanning: Urged to do a Garrett
- Review: This much is true - these '80s relics rock
- Lifestyle: Four bad habits can cost you 12 years
- Altared state: Bells ringing for Brad and Angelina as marriage in the air
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny. Min: 13, Max: 24
- Melbourne: Shower or two. Min: 11, Max: 20
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 16, Max: 27
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 13, Max: 29
- Adelaide: Shower or two. Partly cloudy. Min: 13, Max: 22
- Hobart: A few showers. Windy . Min: 09, Max: 18
- Canberra: Mostly sunny. Min: 03, Max: 17
- Darwin: Shower/ afternoon storm. Min: 25, Max: 32