Have a great weekend everyone!
- Symantec has upped its SaaS partner efforts, revamping its global Hosted Services channel program
- CSC has a new senior executive, appointing Brad Freeman as vice-president, global business solutions.
- 1.5 million stolen Facebook IDs are up for sale. It’s not directly channel related, but it’s an ongoing security concern.
State of the market
- The mixed lead from Wall St. has lead to declines in local markets. At 12:17pm, the S&P/ASX200 was down 12.5 points.
- The Aussie dollar is at $US0.9252. Gold is down slightly to $US1140 an ounce while oil prices are steady at $US83.7 a barrel.
- Rugby Rort (1): The Melbourne Storm has been stripped of its Premierships and lost all its competition points after a massive player salary cap rort was revealed.
- Rugby Rort (2): The administrator of the Melbourne Rebels has quit his post after it was revealed he designed the player salary cap rort.
- Fire chief quits: The embattled head of the Country Fire Authority responsible during Black Saturday has quit.
- Kiddy pot: Innocent kids have been used as drug mules in the Northern Territory.
- Aussie wounded: A Melbourne man has been injured in a grenade attack in Bangkok.
- Flu vaccine banned for kids: Doctors are being ordered to stop giving Australian children the seasonal flu vaccine after it caused fevers and side-effects.
- Rugby: Sponsors lining up to dumb controversial Storm
- Rugby (2): Cowboys need to perform
- Racing: Villeneuve to put the vroom in V8s
- Surfing:Beachley Classic delayed again
- Horse Racing: Rangirangdoo resting up for glory
- Polanski's victim loses bid to end sex case.
- Network bleeps out speech in South Park Muhammad sketch.
- Howard Stern 'too good' for American Idol.
- Naomi Campbell strikes over 'diamond' probe.
- Hulk Hogan body slammed by insurance company.
- Stephanie Pratt gets naked for bunnies.
- Sydney: Mostly fine. Min: 20, Max: 29
- Melbourne: Rain then shower or two. Min:19, Max: 21
- Brisbane: Mostly fine, possible morning shower. Min: 18, Max: 27
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 11, Max: 24
- Adelaide: Shower or two. Min: 17, Max: 23
- Hobart: Shower or two, becoming windy. Min: 13, Max: 19
- Canberra: Rain developing. Windy. Min: 21
- Darwin: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 24, Max: 34
- Results so far...
- 1st - Personal computers - 81%
- 2nd - VHS (with VCR player) - 66%
- 3rd - Video games consoles - 59%
- 4th - Brick phones - 57%
- 5th - Walkman - 56%
- Click here to cast your vote!