It’s getting colder and colder. We’re not impressed, but at least it’s almost the weekend.
- The S Central saga continues – six months after its business assets were sold to Brennan IT, staff entitlements still haven’t been paid in full.
- Following a host of acquisitions, Hostech has confirmed a management restructure and staff cuts.
- Some of Sophos’ Australian headcount found themselves stranded in Berlin following the eruption of a certain now-famous volcano in Iceland.
State of the market
- Wall St. has suffered from mixed results, leading to a sharp drop in local markets. At 12:19pm, the S&P/ASX200 was down 65 points.
- The Aussie dollar is selling for $US0.9250. Gold is at $US1145.7 an ounce while oil prices have fallen to $US83.3 a barrel.
- Clear skies: Air traffic in Europe is almost 100 per cent back to normal.
- Insulation scrapped: The Government’s controversial home insulation scheme has been stopped.
- Luxury trains derailed: Two South African workers are dead after a luxury train derailed.
- Scared Aboriginal site kills Sydney sale: A claim made by indigenous Sydney-siders that a suburban backyard has sacred artefacts resulted in a broken auction with very low bids.
- Not gay enough: Three bisexual men have been banned from playing for a gay softball event because they’re “not gay enough”.
- Monster Toads: Parts of Darwin are being hit by giant toads the size of chickens.
- Surfing: Beachley Classic put on hold
- AFL: Dockers coach Mark Havey claims teenagers should perform military service.
- Cycling: Cadel Evans wins at Fleche Wallonne.
- Rugby: Big loss for New Zealand Rugby
- League: Melbourne Storm tipped to take the wooden spoon?
- Olympics: Juan Antonio Samaranch passes away, age 89.
- Prince of Persia actress not sexy enough.
- Heather Locklear arrested for hit-and-run.
- William Shatner sings with 'Taiwanese Susan Boyle'.
- k.d. lang to perform at Logies.
- Kylie Minogue fans crashes singer's website.
- Tara Reid calls off wedding.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 18, Max: 28
- Melbourne: Rain developing. Min: 19, Max: 26
- Brisbane: MOstly fine. Min: 19, Max: 27
- Perth: Cloudy periods. Min: 15, Max: 24
- Adelaide: Showers developing. Min: 18, Max: 27
- Hobart: A little rain. Min: 13, Max: 20
- Canberra: Mostly sunny. Min: 10, Max: 25
- Darwin: Fine, afternoon cloud. Min: 24, Max: 33
Product Wars: Results so far...
1st - Personal computers - 80% 2nd - VHS (with VCR player) - 66% 3rd - Brick phones - 59% 4th - Video games consoles - 58% 5th - Walkman - 55%
Click here to cast your vote!