It’s Monday. Kiss goodbye to the weekend and help brace yourself for the week ahead with these choice bits of news.
- VMware is dropping hints behind its upcoming partner announcement with Salesforce.com. Read about it here
- If you’re keen on hacking the Internet filter, Minopher is going to be hosting classes.
- Last up, we’ve compiled a gallery of the funniest ads in technology. There’s some great ones – check it out here
State of the market
- The markets have tumbled hard after Wall St. fell hard on allegations of financial fraud by Goldman Sachs. At 12:09pm, the S&P/ASX200 was down 69 points.
- The Aussie dollar is lower and buying $US0.9213. Gold is very slightly up to $US1137.5 an ounce while oil has fallen to $US82 a barrel.
- How Tweet: Kevin Rudd's son gets engaged
- Banned: iPad Wi-Fi too hot for Israel
- Slave labour claims: Microsoft investigators dispatched to Chinese factory
- Unmuzzled and viral: Ray's barking mad TV spot
- Pro-rape rapper?: American singer, Kiely Williams, is under fire for producing a song that condones ‘pro-rape’ stereotypes.
- Health War: The Federal Government is standing firm against the States on health demands.
- Getting Binned: One dead and one severely injured after a garbage bin joyride goes wrong.
- Airline quashes ashes: European airlines have demanded a lift of flight-bans after successful test flights through the danger zone
- Cheeky Croc: Northern Territory fisherman are accusing a 4.5m crocodile of stealing their catches
- God-bound coffee faces lawsuit: Hillsong-linked coffee franchise, Gloria Jean’s, is facing a $56m lawsuit over allegedly withholding commissions
- Tennis: McNamee misses out on Tennis Australia presidency
- Horses: Melbourne cup winner, Viewed, dead.
- Athletics: Athletes of the year announced
- AFL (3): Live wire Nic Naitanui
- Football: Warriors just waiting for stars to return, says Panthers
- Football (2): Reds notch historic double
- Athletics (2): Fabrice Lapierre sets new national record.
- Football (3): AFL star, Daniel Kerr out for 12 weeks.
- Black Saturday newsreader to be honoured at Logies.
- WA woman first female to win The Biggest Loser.
- Security beefed up for Tiger Woods at upcoming golf championship.
- Kiefer Sutherlandbooted out of strip club.
- Eighy-four year old man claims to be Oprah's father.
- Colin Farrell look-alike fights in London.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 18, Max: 24
- Melbourne: A few showers developing. Min: 18, Max: 27
- Brisbane: A few showers developing. Min: 18, Max: 26
- Perth: Morning cloud. Min: 16, Max: 25
- Adelaide: Mainly fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 14, Max: 27
- Hobart: A little rain developing. Min: 13, Max: 22
- Canberra: Partly cloudy. Min: 9, Max: 24
- Darwin: Afternoon shower. Min: 25, Max: 33
- Results so far...
- 1st - Personal computers - 76%
- 2nd - VHS (with VCR player) - 64%
- 3rd - Video games consoles - 61%
- 4th - Brick phones - 58%
- 5th - Portable gaming devices - 55%
- Click here to cast your vote!