Did you have a good long weekend? Hope so, it’s back to the grind now (for those of us who didn’t take leave to make it an extended holiday). So, what’s happening in the world? Perhaps these news bits will help get you going.
- Fuji Xerox has purchased a local player – Triangle Corporation, for an undisclosed sum
- Canon has finished its search for a services provider around servers, desktop and helpdesk operations. The winner was Fujitsu.
- The iPad has hit with a massive bang. Easter weekend sales were in excess of half a million units, reportedly.
State of the market
- The markets have leapt following positive trading overseas. At 11:16am, the S&P/ASX200 was up 34 points.
- The Aussie dollar is down to $US0.9175. Gold have fallen slightly to $US1129.4 an ounce and oil has slipped to $US86.4 a barrel.
- iPad (1): Slate wiped clean
- iPad (2): 'Like a gorgeous woman' - buyers react
- iPad (3): Teardown reveals what's under the hood
- Payment delayed: Thousands face a longer wait for tax returns
- Google tracks: Now the devil's in the data
- Mobilised: The Android army
- Authenticity confirmed: WikiLeaks video shows devastating US chopper attack that killed journalists
- Politics: Turnbull to quit
- Politics (2): Coalition to reduce migration
- Tiger latest: Woods is a 'big fat liar'
- Flying very high?: Qantas passenger threatens to bring down flight - with power of mind
- Housing: Prices to defy rise in rates
- Health: PM's funding favours Labor seats
- Media: ACP Magazines besieged as Logies war erupts
- Space: Mission heads for great unknown
- Horror ride: Ferris wheel plunge - three injured
- Strange but true: Aliens April Fool's joke sparks public panic
- Marriage muddle: Malik is already wed
- Swimming: Campbell holds off Seebohm
- Athletics: Stawell Gift winner fined
- Rugby league: Burgess bashes Dogs
- Rugby league (2): Peter's pep talk has Panthers storming back
- Rugby union: A match to decide world's best club
- Rugby union (2): Tahs must win three of last five games
- AFL: Swans must be wary of wounded Tigers, Roos says
- AFL (2): Tireless Cats outlast Hawks
- Basketball: Horror injuries end Bogut's season
- Doctor Who: The new man is up to the job of saving the world, say critics
- Elyse Taylor: Supermodel shows her Underbelly
- Shia LaBeouf: I hate Transformers
- Michael Jackson: Lawyers to argue he gave himself a drugs overdose, according to report
- <i>Billy Elliot</i>: A blue-collar tale mines rich musical seam
- Yvonne Strahovski: Relishes normal girl role
- Travel: Long-haul flights - the good, the bad and the downright ugly
- Sydney: Rain periods, clearing during the day. Min: 19, Max: 26
- Melbourne: Rain easing. Min: 18, Max: 24
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 18, Max: 29
- Perth: Partly cloudy. Min: 14, Max: 26
- Adelaide: Cloudy, possible shower. Min: 16, Max: 24
- Hobart: Rain developing. Min: 15, Max: 21
- Canberra: Rain clearing. Min: 11, Max: 22
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 26, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best 80s Tech
- Results so far...
- 1st - VHS (with VCR player) - 82%
- 2nd - Personal computers - 77%
- 3rd - Video games consoles - 63%
- 4th - Camcorders - 58%
- 5th - Brick phones - 57%
- Click here to vote for your favourite!