Now, usually Tuesdays are difficult, because we’re already tired and it’s not even the midway point, but this week, it is! Enjoy your mid-week news bites.
- Dicker Data will soon become a public company, listed on the Stock Exchange.
- The news of the purchase of Netspace has been welcomed with open arms by the industry.
- The ISP Q & A series continues, this time we interview vividwireless.
State of the market
- Mixed Wall St. leads have caused a rocky start to morning trading. At 12pm, the S&P/ASX200 was up 6.6 points at 4869.7.
- The Aussie dollar is slightly down to $US0.9203. Gold is edging upwards and sells for $US1125.3 an ounce while oil is down to $US82 a barrel.
State of the market
- The markets are trading in positive territory following positive leads on Wall st. At 12:14pm, the S&P/ASX200 was up 10.3 points.
- The Aussie dollar is mostly steady at $US0.9169. Gold is selling for $US1109.3 an ounce while oil has reached $US82.2 a barrel.
- China troubles: Australian Rio Tinto employee, Stern Hu, sentenced to 10 years in a Chinese jail.
- Google attacked: The Federal Government has attacked Google over its anti-filter stance.
- Taking home the trash: A garbage truck has ploughed into a home in Sydney
- ‘Dickhead’ Victorian ads: The Victorian Government is under fire for its campaign that calls young drivers ‘dickheads’.
- Moscow bombings: ‘Black Widow’ suicide bombers have killed at least 38 people in Moscow
- Stingy town?: Darwin restaurants are accused of being stingy with water and gravy
- Ricky comes out Singer, Ricky Martin, has confirmed his homosexuality.
- Cricket: Watch Australia beat New Zealand live
- F1 Racing: Michael Schumacher insists he can still win despite placing 10th in Melbourne
- AFL: Hawthorn player has wild night out with ex-Pussycat Doll
- NRL: The Rabbitohs have won a match
- Football: John Aloisi fights weak heart rumours
- Film: Crowe to get walk of fame star.
- Confirming what we already knew: Ricky Martin is homosexual.
- Carey to plague TV: Football’s bad boy to be an expert on Channel Ten.
- $42 million ripped away: Poker machine mishap.
- Ricki-Lee: Charged for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle.
- Opinion: Archibald warning: viewers may need therapy for exposure to bad art.
- Spider Man turns to the dark side: Polite robber in a web mask.
- Sydney: Showers easing. Chance thunderstorm. Min: 19, Max: 23
- Melbourne: Partly cloudy. Min: 13, Max: 26
- Brisbane: A shower or two. Min: 19, Max: 29
- Perth: Mostly sunny. Min: 16, Max: 29
- Adelaide: Fine. Sunny. Min: 12, Max: 26
- Hobart: Fine, cloudy. Min: 11, Max: 21
- Canberra: Fine, partly cloudy. Min: 7, Max: 22
- Darwin: Late shower/storm. Min: 26, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best 80s Tech
- Results so far...
- 1st - VHS (with VCR player) - 83%
- 2nd - Personal computers - 82%
- 3rd - Video games consoles - 66%
- 4th - Brick phones - 64%
- 5th - Camcorders - 57%
- Do like the results? Click here to vote for your favourite!