We've rolled on to Thursday - is it just us, or has this been a slow week?
- Smart grids will be a hot bed of opportunity for the channel, with Logica outlining some of its interests in the green developments.
- Senator Stephen Conroy has confirmed the release date for the McKinsey Implementation study into the NBN to be before May
- Finally, the iPad has its first Australian application, with mogeneration announcing ‘Carter’s Encyclopaedia of Health and Medicine’ – a digital resource for health professionals.
State of the market
- The markets have slumped in morning trading, led by shaky results on Wall St. At 12:01pm, the S&P/ASX200 was down 9.2 points.
- The Aussie dollar is slightly up to $US0.9108 and gold is down by 1.38 per cent to $US1088.5 an ounce. Oil has fallen 1.6 per cent to $US80.6 a barrel.
- Gaming: New Attorney-General supports R18+ game rating
- Opera: Pushing its browser for the iPhone
- Online betting: Instant credit lets losers keep on gambling
- GameCrush.com: Pay to play games with girls
- AFL: World of Warcraft for jocks
- <i>Hey Dad!</i> allegations: Puzzled star denies molesting his on-screen daughter
- Economy: Bright outlook for Australia - Reserve Bank
- Great health debate: A TV show about nothing - it would have made Seinfeld proud
- World's hottest chilli: The new weapon against terrorism
- World: Runaway train hurtles out of control
- Leaked: Keneally's state plan on the Web
- Rio bribes case: Hu denies obtaining commercial secrets, lawyer says
- Man flu: It's real
- On the Defence: Sailors accused of mafia threats to women
- Evolution: Meet Digit, the new type of human
- Baby elephant named: Mr Shuffles now Pathi Harn
- Sex games: Dung beetle pulls 1141 times its own body weight
- Cycling: Meyer, Meares take world championship gold
- Sports gambling: Sydney Roosters dragged into Web betting probe
- Cricket: Harris discovers wickets are the best medicine
- Asian Champions League: Adelaide Reds march on in Asia
- Football: Messi heads rich list
- FA Cup: Spurs beat Fulham 3-1 to set up semi-final with Portsmouth
- Premier League: Cahill helps Everton to victory, Chelsea win 5-0
- Tennis: Top-10 Stosur eyes more title triumphs
- Rugby league: 30 pills bought after Knights' loss, court told
- Rugby league (2): Hasler cops fine but calls cameras an intrusion
- Rugby league (3): Stewart ruled out for season
- Rugby union: Huxley's comeback a family affair
- Rugby union (2): Gasnier tipped to end French connection and head home
- AFL: Blues and Tigers looking to turn pages
- AFL (2): Debuts abound in Round 1
- <i>Big Bang Theory</i>: Geeks will inherit the earth
- Kevin Smith vows: 'I'll make critics pay'
- D'oh!: How Homer SImpson has influenced the English language
- R.I.P: Robert Culp dies after fall
- Travel: Europe - why east beats west
- Health: Fat and fit may not be a furphy
- Avril Lavigne: ... has a new toi boi
- Film: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 4 stars
- The spin: Eddie and the gay young blades
- Saving Hollywood: Iconic sign faces threat of destruction in three weeks
Pratt affair: Hitchcock says magazine 'stabbed me in the back'
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 20, Max: 29
- Melbourne: Shower or two developing. Min: 18, Max: 27
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Possible morning shower. Min: 20, Max: 29
- Perth: Partly cloudy. Min: 18, Max: 32
- Adelaide: Fine. Cloud increasing. Min: 15, Max: 32
- Hobart: Morning showers. Min: 16, Max: 21
- Canberra: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 12, Max: 27
- Darwin: Afternoon shower or storm. Min: 25, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far...
- 1st - HP TouchSmart tx2z - 61%
- 2nd - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 56%
- 3rd - Toshiba Portege M750 - 54%
- =4th - Dell Latitude XT2 - 52%
- =4th - Xplore Technologies iX104C4 - 52%
- Click here to vote for your favourite.