Yes, you've made it through another five days. The weekend looms, but before you can lay back and enjoy a couple of days chilling out, there's Friday to get through. So chow down on this tasty bunch of news snacks.
- The installation of copper fixed-line wiring for new homes will be all but banned under newly introduced Government legislation.
- The ARN Awards for 2010 have officially been announced, so check out the new categories and get your entries ready.
- Lenovo recently hosted its partners in a wine and dine soiree. Click here for the pictures.
State of the market
- Mixed Wall St. leads have caused a rocky start to morning trading. At 12pm, the S&P/ASX200 was up 6.6 points at 4869.7.
- The Aussie dollar is slightly down to $US0.9203. Gold is edging upwards and sells for $US1125.3 an ounce while oil is down to $US82 a barrel.
- Email scam: Facebook users targeted
- Facebook: Settles privacy class action for $10.3m
- Looking ahead: Talkin' about iGeneration
- High cost: Internet piracy takes big toll on jobs
- Google: Makes TV grab
- Saving money: Web guide offers ways to cut food waste bill
- Blackberry: New touchscreen iPhone rival (video)
- Politics: Abbott dare gets Rudd talking
- Foreign affairs: Obama delays Australian visit over healthcare battle
- Elections: Tide turns against Labor states with close votes likely in SA and Tasmania
- U-turn: AG backtracks on gender ruling
- Education: School building revolution 'being rorted'
- Parliament: Then Gillard entered the killing zone
- Warm weather: Climate records smashed
- Look out!: It's the end of the world
- Whoops: Kids cop eyeful in TV mix-up
- Charged: Students have to pay for take-home computers
- Business: Rookie takes the fight to Foxtel
- Environment: Life in the shadow of coal central
- Corporate theft: NZ banker jailed after stealing millions to spend on prostitutes
- Cricket: Hughes into fire after Ponting wins toss in Wellington
- Cricket (2): Pup's in his element, says Ponting
- Swimming trials: Slimline Huegill completes comeback
- Swimming trials (2): Heartbreak for Yolane Kukla
- Swimming trials (3): Sullivan sets pace in 100m heats
- Paralympics: Spectacular crashes mar downhill races
- Europa League: Fulham dumps Italian giant Juventus
- Rugby league: Homesick Hannant wants out of Dogs
- Rugby league (2): Rabbitoh's seeking redemption
- Rugby league (3): Tiger's wizardry scares Smith
- Rugby league (4): Idris still a pup but one of the biggest Dogs on block
- Rugby union: 'Tahs lose two Wallabies for Western Force showdown
- Rugby union (2): Writing on the wall for Turinui
- Rugby union (3): Defence the key for Brumbies
- AFL: Fevola is not a cancer at Lions, says Brown
- AFL (2): Dump NAB Cup for State of Origin, say AFL captains
- Film: Hollywood heroes on a mission from God
- TV: Logies need new faces not Bert
- Bullock affair: Husband asks for forgiveness
- Winslet split: DiCaprio rushes to Kate's side
- Lady Gaga: Too raunchy for kids?
- Beer campaign: Foster's slips 'offensive' TV ads on Web
- Best trip ever: How to turn a good holiday into a great one
- Art and design: Architecture's golden couple a prized breath of fresh air
- <i>Trucking</i>: A kinder light on a tough industry
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 19, Max: 28
- Melbourne: Partly cloudy. Min: 17, Max: 27
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 20, Max: 28
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 16, Max: 30
- Adelaide: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 17, Max: 30
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 12, Max: 19
- Canberra: Mostly sunny. Min: 13, Max: 29
- Darwin: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 26, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far...
- 1st - Toshiba Portege M750 - 67%
- 2nd - Apple iPad - 62%
- 3rd - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 59%
- 4th - Dell Latitude XT2 - 58%
- 5th - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 55%
Click here to cast your vote.