Tuesday coming down. There's probably a song or three coming down. So clamp on the headphones or stick in the buds, turn on your fave music of the moment and have a gander at all the news in our lunchtime wrap - now updated in the afternoon. Enjoy.
- Synergy Plus has finished a months-long hunt for a national services director, appointing Tony Kafer to the post.
- Virtualised servers are far less secure than physical ones, according to analyst firm, Gartner. As many as 60 per cent of those virtual servers, in fact.
- The first three ISPs have announced their intentions to sell services on the Tasmanian NBN link. Interestingly, none of those three are local ISPs. The three pioneers are iiNet, Internode and iPrimus.
State of the market
- The markets opened higher thanks to gains on Wall St and held for the rest of the day. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 13.1 points at 4797.2.
- The Aussie dollar is slightly lower to $US0.9133. Gold is slightly higher to $US1105.8 an ounce while oil is down to $US79.7 a barrel.
- Romance is over: Yahoo7 calls an end to online dating
- Facebook: Raunchy teacher pics spark probe
- iPad: Apple to charge for battery replacement
- Problems: Medicare data breaches increase privacy fears
- GRLmobile: New owner Aggregato plans growth
- Opposition: Reject e-health identifier bill, says law professor
- Taking a dive: Mr Shuffles rescued by elephants
- Newspoll: Rudd hits new low with voters
- Politics: Keating ridicules 'nutter' Abbott
- Under fire: Liberal MP defends 'unorthodox' fundraising practices
- Foreign affairs: Obama trip to cement 'model alliance' with Australia
- Superannuation: Support grows for rasing compulsory contributions to 12 per cent
- World: Edwards' mistress describes 'profound love'
- Grounded: Strike cancels 1100 BA flights
- Memo to Tony and Kevin: No sex please, we're voters
- $267,919 damages: CA's breast op libel
- Aussie rival to Viagra?: US giant clinches sex drive cream deal
- Found at last: Scientists identify lost Diggers of Fromelles
- Looking ahead: Gillard may stalk Rudd, claims Liberal MP
- Easter showdown: Upstart challenges the established farmers' fair
- new F1 is 'boring', says Webber
- Cricket: Don't sledge Clarke, Hussey's message to Kiwis
- Cricket (2): Clarke certain for First Test
- Swimming: Life in the slow lane
- Winter Paralympics 2010 : Rahles-Rahbula ends his medal drought for Australia's second of the Games
- Football: Surgeon confirms Beckham KO; out of World Cup
- Premier League: Aquilani shines in Reds 4-1 romp
- A-League: Payne replaces 'gutted' Aloisi
- Hockey: Kookaburras on top of the world
- Rugby league: Tuquiri grabs his first chance
- Rugby league (2): Sharks bitter over bite
- Rugby league (3): Matty's a shrimp on the barbie
- Rugby league (4): Sammut eyes UK contract
- Rugby union: Rebels can 'derail' us, claims McKenzie
- Rugby union (2): Showdown ends in fit of giggles
- AFL: Shaw anointed as future Pies captain
- Racing: Chief steward backs Zipping's victory
- Film: Hollywood heroes on a mission from God
- Music: James Brown's body goes missing
- It's over: Winslet to split from 'wonderful husband'
- Fashion: Hawkins a stand-out for Myer (gallery)
- RIP: World's smallest man dead at 21, says Guinness World Records
- Charlie Sheen: Pleads not guilty
- Logies: Susan Boyle to perform
- Food: Young guns take aim
- Travel: Exploring the world's tallest towers
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 18, Max: 26
- Melbourne: Sunny. Min: 20, Max: 30
- Brisbane: Shower or two. Min: 20, Max: 28
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 13, Max: 29
- Adelaide: Fine. Cloudy morning. Min: 20, Max: 32
- Hobart: Afternoon showers. Min: 15, Max: 25
- Canberra: Sunny. Min: 11, Max: 28
- Darwin: Afternoon shower. Min: 25, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far...
- 1st - Toshiba Portege M750 - 65%
- =2nd - Apple iPad - 63%
- =2nd - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 63%
- 4th - Dell Latitude XT2 - 55%
- 5th - HP TouchSmart tx2z - 53%
- Click here to cast your vote.