- AVG has made a move to make its channel program more appealing to resellers, offering a cut of earnings made from direct licensing renewals.
- Rugged notebook vendor, Intemec, has outlined some plans it has to capitalise on the increasing rugged market through its channel.
- The cloud is so important to Microsoft that some 70 per cent of its staff work on Cloud projects, a number that is going to rise further, according to Steve Ballmer.
State of the market
- The markets have gained and then held ground thanks to rising mining and finance stocks. At 2.20pm, the S&P/ASX200 was up 18.7 points at 4769.2.
- The Aussie dollar is up very slightly to $US0.9002. Gold is trading down 0.84 per cent at $US1133.7 an ounce while oil is up to $US80.6 a barrel.
- Colossus: How Google became the indispensable frenemy
- CeBIT: 1No pie in the sky; it's gadgets galore
- Gadgets: Top five from Microsoft's research labs
- Mind-reading computers: Could 'save your life'
- Strange but true: US city changes name to Google
- Television: Freeview aims at Foxtel with 'catch-up' TV
- Health: Vioxx 'doubled chance of heart attack'
- Health (2): Keneally threatens Rudd over health reform support at COAG
- Evolution: Dinosaurs killed off by Mexican asteroid, not Indian volcano
- Politics: Cabinet splits over tax, tactics
- Revealed: Luxury cars, silk carpets and gold-plated handguns the largesse of North Korea's keaders
- Environment: man-made climate change evidence stronger, according to study
- Police like us: 'Monty Python' AFP team slammed after hit-and-run
- Business: The $40bn cost of high super fees
- Wages: ACTU uneasy over revamp of awards system
- Science: A victim of climate wars
- Tragedy: Cruise passengers killed as monster waves hit ship
- World: Obama's Australia trip in jeopardy
- Still hopping: Bell frog thought to be extinct spotted alive and kicking
- Strange but true: Mystery as lock of Napoleon's hair found in Sydney
- Environment: 50 ships stuck in ice
- Cricket: McCullum predicts smouldering rivalry will spark fireworks
- Hockey: Australia clinch biggest World Cup win in history
- A-league: Tough enough for Muscat
- Asian Cup: Socceroos slide into finals with 1-0 win
- Rugby league: Knights stick to their ideals
- Rugby league (2): Players want seat at the table
- Rugby league (3): Manly stars in it for the long haul
- Rugby league (4): NRL team wants to sign Sonny Bill
- Rugby union: Rescue plan for near-broke Reds
- Rugby union (2): Tahs stir bad blood with the Sharks
- Golf: US 'apprentice' leads way in Masters
- AFL: Dogs must have their day soon
- Opinion: Swans bitter at having to aid, abet GWS enemy
- Mia Wasikowska: Our falling star
- Pick of the flicks: Burton's Alice in Wonderland is fabulous (video)
- Megan Fox: Two-man woman
- Nude photo scandal: Bingle to share story with women's magazine
- 2010 Academy Awards: Picking the Oscar winners
- 2010 Academy Awards (2): The new gold standard
- 2010 Academy Awards (3): Controversies big and small dog Oscars contender
- Here's looking at you, kid: Jedi knights of the Iraq war
- Off the road: Barnes tour cancelled
- Lifestyle: Women who look good in genes have more sex partners
- Tom Jones live: It's not unusual - knickers and a cruise crooner
- Motors: Porsche may look good in Summer Bay
- Work of art: Teacher's shock win in photographic competition
- Sydney: Patchy rain. Min: 21, Max: 25
- Melbourne: Chance of storm. Shower. Min: 17, Max: 23
- Brisbane: Rain periods. Min: 22, Max: 26
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 14, Max: 29
- Adelaide: Windy. Showers increasing. Min: 16, Max: 21
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 17, Max: 23
- Canberra: Showers, possible thunderstorm. Min: 12, Max: 25
- Darwin: Afternoon shower or storm. Min: 25, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best tablet device
- Results so far...
- 1st - Panasonic Toughbook T8 - 89%
- 2nd - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 80%
- 3rd - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 64%
- 4th - Toshiba Portege M750 - 62%
- 5th - Xplore Technologies iX104C4 - 54%
Click here to cast your vote.