Tuesday coming down. There's probably a song or three coming down. So clamp on the headphones or stick in the buds, turn on your fave music of the moment and have a gander at all the news in our lunchtime wrap - now updated in the afternoon. Enjoy.
- M2 Communications subsidiary, People Telecom, has admitted to misleading conduct over telemarketers and door knocking salespeople.
- Fujitsu has launched its cloud computing offering to Australia. It plans to make its Infrastructure-as-a-Service offering flexible to give customers more control.
- Ilkka Tales has been appointed CEO of Hostech, after taking over from Carlos Perez. Peter Kazacos will be the company’s executive chairman.
State of the market
- The markets started off strongly, but quickly dropped off, eventually shuffling between positive and negative territory. In the afternoon it firmed slightly, possibly because of the Reserve Bank announcing a rates rise. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 15.4 points at 4701.9.
- The Aussie dollar has dropped off slightly to $US0.8989. Gold has fallen a very small amount to $US1118.3 an ounce while oil is slightly up to $US78.7 a barrel.
- Knocked out: Sony PS3 owners paralysed by Y2K-like bug
- Problem?: Apple iPad launch may be delayed, according to analyst
- Battle: Apple with fight on its hands? Appsolutely
- What an effect: Chilean earthquake shifted Earth's axis, says NASA scientist
- Jackpot: RBA raises interest rates
- Jackpot: NSW Lotteries sold to Tatts in $1bn deal
- Interest rates: Home owners face mortgage hit
- Finance: Consumers start year with $20bn spending spree
- World: Send money to Greece? have you lost your marbles?
- Health: Doctor warns PM to put locals first in federal takeover
- Bring back the biff: Angry blames 'other cultures' for corrupting good old Aussie violence
- Business: Reserve backs Labor on debt
- High-flyer: Borghetti wins top job at Virgin Blue
- Nude photo: Bingle to sue Fevola
- Strange but true: Sex-crazed elephant ruins wedding
- Big wet:Queensland drenched as flash flooding looms
- Deadly attack: Witness statements reveal how whale killed trainer
- Cricket: Southee seen as threat in one-day arena
- Socceroos - World Cup: A spot of fly-fishing anyone?
- Winter Olympics 2010: Vancouver Games deliver salvation
- Winter Olympics 2010 (2): Snow Leopard realises dream of not being last
- Premier League (2): Liverpool and Spurs both win in race for Europe
- Football: Zidane will 'die' without apologising
- Rugby league: Tuqiri back for Tigers
- Rugby league (2): Knights' Chris Houston to face drug supply charges
- Rugby league (3): Leeds 'whingeing' after defeat to Storm
- Rugby union: Mumm back to spark travel-weary Waratahs
- Rugby union (2): Western Force vulnerable as it takes a breather
- AFL: Power refocuses for grand final
- <i>West Side Story</i>: Somewhere there's a cast for us
- Archibald Prize: Convicted crims the early birds
- Comics: Spider-Man gets the sack
- Second child?: Katie Holmes undergoes Scientology 'auditing', according to report
- Radio: Separating ads from ad libs
- Taste Of Sydney: Signature sampling
- Taste Of Sydney (2): All the fun of the fare
- Taste Of Sydney (e): Festival highlights
- Motoring: Porsche releases supercar
- Travel: Divine divas of Stevenson's Samoa
Gossip: Cheryl Cole vows never to go back to cheating husband
- Sydney: Mostly fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 19, Max: 25
- Melbourne: Sunny. Min: 14, Max: 28
- Brisbane: Few showers. Min: 21, Max: 26
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 19, Max: 31
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 16, Max: 31
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 12, Max: 25
- Canberra: Mostly sunny. Min: 10, Max: 26
- Darwin: A few showers. Min: 25, Max: 32
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far...
- 1st - Panasonic Toughbook T8 - 85%
- 2nd - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 76%
- 3rd - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 68%
- 4th - Toshiba Portege M750 - 65%
- 5th - Asus Eee PC T90 - 56%
- Click here to vote for your favourite!