Monday ... if you are in Sydney, Brisbane and Darwin, not only is it Monday, but it's wet! The good news is the Canadians won gold in the men's ice hockey in absolute thriller, so at least one nation is happy. That and heaps of other news are all yours in our lunchtime wrap - now updated in the afternoon. So enjoy.
- 3Tera’s Australian partner [[artnid:337551|claims the cloud vendor’s acquisition by CA will be a positive for both sides.
- Woolworths Group claims the revamp of Dick Smith’s branding is doing wonders for its bottom line, earning a pre-tax profit of $28.5 million.
- The Federal Government has admitted going to far on its proposed changes to the $1.4 billion R&D tax concession system.
State of the market
- The markets opened well with banking stocks following a positive lead from Wall St. They then held the gains into afternoon trading and ended with a positive flurry. At 5.00pm, the S&P/ASX200 was up 48.8 points at 4686.5.
- The Aussie dollar is trading higher and sells for $US0.8989. Gold continues to rise and is being bought for $US1118.5 while oil has also grown to $US80.2 a barrel.
- CeBIT: Giant tech fair goes 3D to pull in the punters
- Facebook: Dealing with its dark side
- Net filters: To hit social networks
- Serendipidity or celebrity: Luck of the draw in internet Chat Roulette
- Google warned: Over Street View in Europe
- The face: Behind the voice of your GPS
- Looking ahead: Movies the perfect medium to beam up new inventions, says researcher
- Interest rates: Brace for more pain tomorrow
- Chilean earthquake: Death poll past 700
- Health: Rudd scales back expectations
- Politics: 'Rudd shot party in foot'
- Politics: Rudd rattled, says Abbott
- Real estate: Australia's housing market bounces back as others lag
- The Tunick strip (1): Thousands gather for naked Opera House photos
- The Tunick strip (2): Being a model for Spencer
- The Tunick strip (3): Gallery (Warning: nudity)
- Farewell summer: A divided picture of the sunburnt country
- Strange but true: It's raining fish in the Northern Territory - report
- Big thanks: Lottery winners reward cleaner with house and car
Winter Olympic Games 2010
- Closing Ceremony: Canada emerges shining from heart of darkness
- Australia at the Games: The novelty wears off our winter athletes
- Men's ice hockey: Crosby scores overtime winner as Canada grabs the gold it wanted most
- Men's 50km cross country: Norway's Northug prevails in two-man epic
- Four-man bobsleigh: Night Train ends 62-year drought for US
- Women's speed skating team pursuit: Golden girl forced to crawl to victory
- Men's slalom: Italy's Razzoli coasts to victory as Austrian men's team exits without a medal
- Official website Schedule and results
- Cricket: Tait cracks in T20 thriller against NZ
- Cricket (2): Tasmania crush Victoria in one-day final
- Carling Cup: Rooney the hero as Man Utd win 2-1
- Premier League: Horrific injury mars Arsenal late show
- Premier League (2): Liverpool and Spurs both win in race for Europe
- Football: Capello won't give up on Bridge playing for England
- Hockey: World Cup puts India on full alert
- Rugby league: Melbourne Storm win the World Club Challenge 18-10
- Rugby league (2): Wild ride for reborn Rooster Carney
- Rugby union: Tackling brings down the Waratahs
- Rugby union (2): Western Force vulnerable as it takes a breather
- Racing: Golden chance for Kathy to pair up sparkling slippers
- Racing (2): Tubman taking no chances with filly Chance Bye
- Trotting: People's champ standing up to Kiwi raiders
- AFL/Football: Swans set to sell their secrets to the Devils
- AFL: Dockers snatch win over North Melbourne in dying seconds
- Commonwealth Games security: Rice won't risk her life for gold
- Sade: Confronting her demons
- 'On heroin': Aussie Alice savaged by movie critic
- Live: By George, he's still got it
- Hard to swallow?: Sexy Paris Hilton ad banned (watch the video)
- Swinging: All dressed up with somewhere to go
- Film review: The Blind Side
- Naked drama: Fevola photo comes back to haunt Bingle
- Tragic loss: Marie Osmond's son dies
- Travel: stuff it, we're going anyway
- Feminism: Germaine Greer 'didn't understand women'
- Sydney: Shower or two. Min: 19, Max: 24
- Melbourne: Mostly sunny. Min: 12, Max: 23
- Brisbane: Rain, heavy at times. Min: 21, Max: 24
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 21, Max: 35
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 15, Max: 27
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 11, Max: 21
- Canberra: Fine, partly cloudy. Min: 8, Max: 23
- Darwin: Monsoonal showers. Min: 25, Max: 32
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far...
- 1st - Panasonic Toughbook T8 - 85%
- 2nd - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 75%
- 3rd - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 68%
- 4th - Toshiba Portege M750 - 65%
- 5th - Asus Eee PC T90 - 56%
- Click here to vote for your favourite!