It’s Friday – have you got a good weekend planned? We hope so, but in the meantime, here's a few news bites – see you on Monday!
- There’s been some opposition raised against the NBNco legislation, which has also been given very mixed reviews from analysts.
- Synergy Plus has found a new CEO. Industry veteran, Garry Henley, has taken up the role.
- Yesterday’s news that CA will acquire cloud vendor, 3Tera, has been welcomed by Tera’s sole Australian distributor.
State of the market
- After a volatile opening the market rose steadily throughout the day. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 43.6 points at 4637.7.
- The Aussie dollar is recovering slowly and sells for $US0.8891. Gold is up to $US1108.4 an ounce while oil is trading slightly higher at $US78.4 a barrel.
- Crippled: Microsoft beheads giant zombie spam network
- Facebook bully groups: 21 suspended
- Internet filter: Conroy censors his own site
- Facebook sex scam: Teen who posed as girl to get naked photos of classmates to blackmail them is jailed
- Next step: YouTube makes a play for TV
- Gaming: Be afraid, very afraid ... the nerds are coming
- Booted: Garrett booted after botched insulation program
- Spies like us: 'Mossad' hit snares Australians
- The spy who faked me: Meet the mum-to-be caught in assassination plot
- Player and the sex worker: Prostitute 'found Gray dead, stole belongings'
- Killer whale attack: Trainer pulled under water by 'long pony tail'
- Taxation: Queensland, WA push for GST changes
- Education: 'Black armband' history dumped
- Environment: Wong sets price for renewable energy producers
- Insulation debacle: I'm to blame for the lot, Rudd says
- Food preserved: EU protection for Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb
- Climate: Giant iceberg could change weather patterns
- Sex scandal: Bridge quits England team over Terry affair
- Believe it or not: God wants gays dead, says beauty queen
- Going batty: Sydney's flying foxes (slideshow)
Winter Olympic Games 2010
- Yu beauty: 'Bond girl' Kim Yu-Na blows her rivals away
- Australia's second golden girl: Moment Lydia knew she'd given her all
- Lassila jumps: Flying to glory (gallery)
- Women's 3000m short-track skating relay: Australian judge rules out Koreans
- Women's bobsleigh: Locals prevail on troubled track
- Women's 1000m short-track: Borodulina through to quarter-finals
- Women's speed skating: Sablikova's Games triple treat
- Women's giant slalom: German rookie springs massive boilover
- TV coverage: Anti-discrimination board to investigate McGuire and Molloy
- Official website Schedule and results
- Cricket: IPL boss' Twitter attack on Ponting
- Cricket (2): From Windies' Gayle to Wellington gale, Tait ready to blow away record
- Europa League: Liverpool survive scare as Roma, Shaktar carsh
- Cycling: Rogers wins Tour of Andalucia
- Football: Go North young man - Jade's plan to keep World Cup dreams alive
- Rugby league: Benji pays NRL boss surprise compliment
- Rugby league (2): Farewell Test for Lockyer
- Rugby union: Rebels chase Welsh recruit
- Rugby union (2): Locking horns the only way to tackle Bulls
- AFL: Buckley preaches Magpie diplomacy
- The Eraser names his new band: Thom Yorke reveals Atoms For Peace and line-up
- <i>Alice In Wonderland</i>: Premiere red carpet (slideshow)
- Biff bam kapow!: 1939 Batman comic sells for more than $US1m
- French film festival: Universal language
- Kinsey Sicks: Boys just wanna have fun
- Whitney in Sydney: Just not good enough
- Radio: Nova's new breakfast show flops
- Mamy Rock: We will, we will rock you, dears
- RIP: Lynn Bayonas - a creative force behind Australian TV hits
- Travel: Best ever tips on how to stay healthy
- Bad hygiene: Report claims Depp and Paradis on the nose
- TV: Virtual adultery and cyberspace love (video)
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 20, Max: 32
- Melbourne: Few showers. Min: 21, Max: 25
- Brisbane: A few showers. Min: 21, Max: 29
- Perth: Sunny. Windy morning. Min: 22, Max: 35
- Adelaide: Fine. Increasing winds. Min: 21, Max: 33
- Hobart: Shower or two. Min: 14, Max: 17
- Canberra: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 13, Max: 29
- Darwin: Monsoonal squalls. Min: 25, Max: 31
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far...
- #1 Panasonic Toughbook T8 - 85%
- #2 Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 75%
- #3 Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 71%
- #4 Toshiba Portege M750 - 67%
- #5 Asus Eee PC T90 - 58%
- Click here to vote and support your favourite!