And we’re halfway through another week. It’s lunch time!
- 2010 won’t be such a great one, according to Melbourne IT. Instead, the year will be one of investment in preparation for 2011.
- Retailer, Harvey Norman, has partnered up with Livescribe to take smartpens to consumers.
- Finally, here’s proof that Australians really do want an R18+ videogame rating – over 16,000 signatures on a petition.
State of the market
- The markets dropped hard and fast after confidence on Wall St. fell overnight, settled around the 50- to 60-point loss mark and stayed there. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 69.8 points at 4648.5.
- The Aussie dollar is selling for $US0.8918. Gold has fallen to $US1103 an ounce and oil prices have slipped to $US78.9 a barrel.
- Facebook: Police urge social networker to clean up sites
- Internet filter: Lundy takes on Conroy with an amendment
- Looking ahead: Mobile phones of the future (video)
- Sales pitch: Sony uses IPTV to lure buyers
- Attacked: Intel hacked at same time as Google
- Protocol: How to reject Facebook requests
- Education war: Court fight over school tables website
- Insulation debacle: Rudd announces $42m package for industry
- Body in drain murder: 'Gutless mug' in court
- Sydney's water tower: Hotel will be 100m out over harbour
- World: Woods says sorry again
- Border security: Rudd sets spy agencies on boats
- Politics of food: Senator's beef with 'mad pie policy'
- Business: CBA pays out $200m to Storm losers
- Toyota: 'Sorry, we grew too fast'
- World economy: Wall St falls as confidence slides
- Fight against terrrorism: Moat to secure new US home in London
- Nature: Exotic immigrant brings rare colour to harbour
- Stiffed: Joy turns to despair over $33m lotto win in Brazil
- Flying dog: Survives 90-metre cliff fall (with video)
Winter Olympic Games 2010
- Speed skating: Kramer's almighty slip up
- Women's ski cross: Canada's McIvor takes the gold
- Giant slalom: Janka claims the crown as Miller bombs out
- Women's biathlon relay: Russiai wins as Germany - without Neuner - can only grab bronze
- Four-man bobsleigh: Australia's team battered into submission
- Men's aerials: Gymnast Morris flies high as big guns crash out
- Blown the podium: Canadians melting under weight of expectation
- Ice dance: Virtue and Moir claim Canada's first ice dance gold
- Women's ice hockey: USA canters to final
- Official website Schedule and results
- Cricket: David Warner goes ballistic at SCG
- Cricket (2): This is not the end, says Brett Lee
- Premier League: Rooney double keeps pressure on Chelsea
- Asian Champions League: Griffith stars for Beijing as Victory lose 1-0
- A-league: Homebush could host final of Olympic proportions
- Rugby league: Sheens plea for Lockyer to stay
- Rugby league (2): Thurston's manager lashes ARU
- Rugby league (3): Dani puts Eels stars to shame
- Rugby union: Dean warns of ugly contest
- Rugby union (2): Barnes shunted to centre as Waratahs make changes
- AFL: Free hit
- Mel Gibson: How he spends the day following strange rules
- Off limits: Pattinson reveals he's dating Kristen Stewart
- Helena Bonham Carter: Queen of kook
- Songwriting: Made easy
- Top 10: Australian and New Zealand horror films
- Miranda Kerr: 'Grateful' to have bloom but not engaged
- Own goal: Cheryl Cole splits from footballer husband, Ashley
- Travel: Don't mention Dubai; Why Abu Dhabi has its neighbour beat
- Wild about: ... Olivia Wilde (gallery)
- Punk slaying: PA convicted
- Sydney: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 18, Max: 26
- Melbourne: Local early fog then sunny. Min: 13, Max: 28
- Brisbane: Shower or two, mostly morning. Min: 22, Max: 29
- Perth: Possible afternoon thunderstorm. Min: 24, Max: 42
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 20, Max: 34
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 12, Max, 24
- Canberra: Dry. Mostly sunny. Min: 12, Max: 27
- Darwin: Monsoonal showers/storms. Min: 25, Max: 30
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far...
- 1st - Panasonic Toughbook T8 - 85%
- 2nd - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 75%
- =3rd - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 71%
- =3rd - Toshiba Portege M750 - 71%
- 5th - Samsung Q1UP-V - 56%
- Click here to vote for your favourite!