ARN brings you some news snacks to help get over the Monday blues.
- We start the week with some good news from 3D Networks – it has won a significant Cisco contract with Macquarie University Hospital (MUH)
- Google’s online video capabilities have had a boost, with the search giant completing its acquisition of On2.
- Nintendo continues to speak out against the distribution of the R4 chip and piracy.
State of the market
- The markets leapt in morning trading and held those early gains throughout the day, even improving fractionally in the afternoon. At the close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 82.4 points at 4717.5.
- The dollar is trading higher at $US0.9010. Gold is slightly higher at $US1122 an ounce while oil is up to $US80.4 a barrel.
- Cleaning up: Apple removes risque iPhone apps
- What next: Game designers contemplate controller's future
- E-health: Long road to record rollout
- Extra copyright payments?: Rebate triggers muscians' legal bid
- Telstra: Media man Justin Milne has a new line
- Road rage horror: Deadly hammer and knife attack
- Insulation debacle: Bureaucrats 'tried to minimise risks'
- Environment: Water fears put aside as sea and sky boost city reserves
- Real estate: Housing affordability hits the wall
- Business: Stokes to won 68 per cent of new Seven Group
- Politics: Garrett monumentally incompetent, says Abbott
- Opinion: How Rudd the dud dropped Australia in the alphabet soup
- NSW transport: All roads lead to the city
- NSW transport (2): Keneally says taxpayers will compensate axed Metro losers
- Get dressed: Popular Sydney nudist beach raided
Winter Olympic Games 2010
- At last, he wins: Gold glory for Bode Miller
- Aerial skiing: Aussies embroiled in controversy
- Speed skating: Too much pressure crushes Borodulina
- Girls with curls: Ice maidens send Games temperatures soaring
- TV coverage: Eddie camps on thin ice
- Golden glory: Torah Bright set to cash in with whirlwind tour
- Women's biathlon: Neuner bags second gold as Jonsson flops
- Men's biathlon: Unbelieving Ustyugov realises dream
- Figure skating: Russians persevere with Aboriginal dance
- Short-track: South Korean one-two in 1000 men's final
- Ski jumping: Ammann creates history with double double gold
- Official website Schedule and results
- Cricket: Gen 20 stars pound Windies
- Ultimate fighting: The sickening roar for gore
- AFL: Roos conquer stunned Cats in 14-point win
- AFL (2): Dockers power past fumbling Demons
- A-league finals: Glory heartbreak as Phoenix wins elimination thriller
- Rugby league: Fallen high-flyer Mason rides bus as he starts down long road ahead
- Rugby league (2): Reformed Carney has lost none of his spark
- Rugby union: Old habits die hard as Waugh and Waratahs blown away
- Rugby union (2): Brumbies' Elsom left to fight Bulls on his own
- Woods sage: Tiger's back in the running
- Surf lifesaving: Eckstein takes fifth ironman title
- Racing: Typhoon and Bullet scare off local rivals
- BAFTAs: Bigelow pips Cameron as The Hurt Locker takes best film
- BAFTAs (2): All the winners
- Tropfest: Kyle injects the shock element
- Geena Davis: No place for women, even preschoolers
- The Motown Event - review: The Motown massacre ... stop! in the name of love!
- Berlin Film Festival: Aussie wins as Polanksi crowned best director
- Elton John: Jesus was gay
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers: For some, acting is a vanity affair
- Chris Lilley: Caught in the act
- Theatre: A love that dare not steal a glance
- Travel: Qantas to pack up to 100 more on its A380s
Gossip: Lily Allen defrocks Courtney Love
- Sydney: Chance shower. Min: 24, Max: 28
- Melbourne: Shower or two. Windy. Min: 14, Max: 21
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Chance late storm. Min: 21, Max: 32
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 21, Max: 36
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly Sunny. Min: 17, Max: 27
- Hobart: Rain, Clearing. Min: 11, Max: 18
- Canberra: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 15, Max: 26
- Darwin: Showers/ Storm. Min: 26, Max: 32
- Results so far...
- 1st - Panasonic Toughbook T8 - 92%
- 2nd - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 80%
- =3rd - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 71%
- =3rd - Toshiba Portege M750 - 71%
- 5th - Asus Eee PC T90 - 56%
- Click here to vote for your favourite!