Monday. Oh dear, a new week. So let's get going. Survival mode. Best way is to bunker down and try not to clock watch. And to keep yourself well-informed check out - regularly - this news wrap, now updated several times a day.
- Systems integrator, CSC, has partnered with Google as part of its cloud strategy for Australia.
- ASX-listed retailer, Clive Peeters (ASX:CPR), has reported a break-even operating profit for the half-year ending December 31 despite being hit by a multi-million dollar accounting fraud.
- ASX-listed services player, SMS Management and Technology (ASX: SMX), is looking to bolster its employee headcount to take advantage of a stronger market.
State of the market
- The markets plummeted more than 20 points in early trading, but have since recovered some of the loss. However, in afternoon trading it slipped back further. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 16.6 points at 4545.5.
- The Aussie dollar opened slightly lower and is selling for $US0.8866. Gold is down 0.41 per cent to $US1090.2 an ounce while oil prices are largely steady at $US74.2 a barrel.
- Texts and emails: The new shark warning system
- Google Buzz: Tweaked after privacy complaints
- Facebook: Oldies flock to social networking
- Tech guru: Why the Web has gone sour
- Internet 'Poised to beat papers for ads'
- Media: Print, online fuel each other
- Business: IMF says inflation goals are wrong for economic management
- Politics: Garrett misses foil insulation meeting to go bush
- State politics: Seven retracts some claims in Rann sex program
- Pauline Hanson: Is out of here ... and heading to Britain
- Telstra: Facing new blows with analysts downgrades
- World : Clinton leads push to isolate Iran
- Tax: Chasing the offshore cheats
- Law enforcement: Cult leader with 21 'wives' charged
- Property: Rising interest rates drive mortgage delinquencies
- Strange but true: Flashmob proposal
- Society: Young people gain access to euthanasia drug
Winter Olympic Games 2010
- Begg-Smith: Settles for silver in the moguls as Canada gets that first gold on home soil
- Britteny Cox: Artistic schoolgirl belongs in Olympic arena
- Is Canada cursed: Shadow of death hangs over host
- Luge: Sliders honour fallen comrade
- Luge (2): Campbell_Pegg in fear of fatal curve
- Women's moguls freestyle : Kearney denies Canada that precious home gold
- Speed skating: Borodulina misses 500m final
- Speed skating (2): Kramer scratches his four-year itch
- Protests Police condemn thugs
- Ski jumping Ammann thought of dead luger Nodar Kumaritashvili
- Official website Schedule and results
- Cricket (1): Aussies claim series win
- Cricket (2): Ponting breaks Gabba duck
- A-League: Sydney FC's minor premiership
- AFL: Fev quiet, Dogs prevail in wet
- Tennis: Molik beats 16th sees Zheng in Dubai
- Rugby union: Caldwell happy to be hammered after escape
- Rugby union (2): Rebels threaten legal action against ARU
- Football: Late Pterov header saves Villa
- Rugby league: Legendary Origin warrior sees the spark
- Rugby league (2): Bird takes first tentative steps on road to redemption
- Trotting: Harold Park in race against weather
- RIP: The Knack's Doug Fieger dies aged 57
- Elisabeth Murdoch: The biggest winner
- Books: RIP - Dick Francis always gave readers a dead cert
- Good Vibrations festival: Review of the headliner-missing, soggy event
- Blood ties: Artists prove that talent transcends family
- Brian McFadden: Tipped as talent judge
- Travel: What do you want from an airline?
- Party time: Carnivale kicks off in Rio
- Carnivale (2): The fever hits Brazil (slideshow)
TV: Masterchef scrambled my marriage, says Julie
- The action is in Melbourne tonight where AC/DC play their last Victorian show at Etihad Stadium before heading to Sydney and ANZ Stadium, later in the week. You shook me all a night long. Oh yeah.
- Sydney: Shower or two. Min: 21, Max: 26
- Melbourne: Early shower or two. Min: 16, Max: 26
- Brisbane: Rain at times local thunder. Min: 23, Max: 29
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 18, Max: 31
- Adelaide: Fine. Sunny. Min: 18, Max: 32
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 14, Max: 23
- Canberra: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 15, Max: 27
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 26, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best Tablet Device
- Results so far ...
- 1st - Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 - 89%
- 2nd - Panasonic Toughbook T8 - 88%
- 3rd - Lenovo ThinkPad X200 - 83%
- 4th - Toshiba Portege M750 - 77%
- 5th - Asus Eee PC T90 - 53%
Don't like what you see? Click here to vote for your favourite!