We've reached the hump. Wednesday. A day that leads to better. And we've got plenty that's good. Especially, our dose of news, updated several times daily, to ensure you're up to date with the world around you.
- ASX-listed integrator, Synergy Plus (ASX: SNR) has finalised its purchase of Leading Solutions for $3.9 million.
- Apple has launched a partner program to funnel corporate business opportunities back into its channel.
- Bluechip Infotech has brought on a range of new power protection products from US-based vendor, CyberPower Systems.
State of the market
- The market bounced out of the blocks following strong earnings results from BHP Billiton and the Commonwealth Bank and rising offshore markets. However,a solid 55-point gain evaporated in afternoon trading as bank shares and fears about European debt dragged the market down. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 8.3 points at 4513.4.
- The Aussie dollar is back above 87 cents and sells for $US0.8784. Gold is up by half a per cent to $US0.1072 an ounce while oil is down by the same percentage to $US73.4 a barrel.
- Technology (1): Synchotron sheds light on science
- Technology (2): Calling ET may not be smart move, say some
- Technology (3): Queensland Nintendo pirate cops $1.5m fine
- Foreign affairs: AWB admits Saddam payments
- Business: BHP profit rises, cautious on outlook
- Money: interest rate rises in Labor hands
- Politics: Call to sack Joyce over debt comments
- World: Stop the spies, US warns China
- Miracle?: Haitian survived 27 days under rubble, according to doctor
- Should have been a good day: How teens took Rudd to the cleaners in question time
- Explosion: Why the world's tallest tower really closed
- Sentence stands: 1000 lashes for sex
- Strange but true: Menu provides a taste 'worth dying for'
- Money is misery: Tycoon trades high life for bedsit
- Cricket (1): Adelaide adds to one-day angst
- Cricket (2): Windies their own worst enemy
- Cricket (3): South Africa thrashes India in First Test
- Winter Olympic Games 2010: Borodulina rebuffed Russian cash offers
- Winter Olympic Games 2010 (2): Snow's a no-show, but Games go on
- Winter Olympic Games 2010 (3): Russians drop Aboriginal attire
- Winter Olympic Games 2010 (4): Australian bobsled team wins appeal to compete
- Football: Man City keeps pressure on Liverpool in race to Europe
- Football (2): Fabregas strikes deal to rejoin Barcelona, according to report
- Rugby union: Waratahs to try Waugh at No 8
- Rugby league: Idris better than GI and Lote, says sailor
- Rugby league (2): Willie slams Roosters' board
- Rugby league (3): A team that's more than just 13 on the field
- Back stage story: Taylor Swift vs AC/DC
- Lady Gaga: Her dead aunt's ghost saved her from drug addiction, she says
- Jennifer Aniston: On Gerard Butler being at her 41st birthday party
- TV: I'm A Celebrity makers fined for rat death
- Society: Women were much better off in 1950s
- Motoring: Toyota recalls Prius
- The You Code: Coffee - your personality in a cup
- Food: Method in Po's madness
- Travel: What do you actually do overseas?
Reap thrills: World's top 10 heart-pounding experiences
- In Sydney, Tex Perkins is Johnny Cash at the Opera House. The man in black is back.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 28, Max: 31
- Melbourne: Storms and showers. Min: 23, Max: 30
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 22, Max: 30
- Perth: Mostly sunny. Min: 19, Max: 31
- Adelaide: A few showers. Possible thunder. Min: 24, Max: 31
- Hobart: A few showers. Min: 14, Max: 21
- Canberra: Possible afternoon shower. Min: 18, Max: 31
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/inland storm. Min: 26, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best Valentine's Day gadget
- Results so far...
- 1: USB Heart - 67%
- 2: Red Apple iPod Nano - 60%
- 3: USB Aromatherapy Oil Burner - 57%
- 4: Addject Kissing Love Tester - 54%
- 5: USB Desktop Photo Frame - 52%
- Click here to cast your vote!