Aaah, no. It's Tuesday. A day that is friendess. Do you know anybody that likes Tuesday? Of course not. But fear not, we've got a way to help you through the day. Our dose of news, updated several times daily, to ensure you're up to date with the worldwide around you.
- Industry says that Conroy's call for a privacy code is premature.
- Rittal has brought on Rapid 5 Distribution.
- Amcom is celebrating after winning a $20m NT Government fibre contract.
State of the market
- The market took a tumble early after negative results from financial institutions and Wall St. It then slowly picked up from a loss of 50 points during the day and finished relatively well. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 16.3 points at 4505.1.
- The Aussie dollar has slipped to $US0.8641. Gold prices have risen to $US1066 an ounce while oil prices are slightly down to $US71.4 a barrel.
- Technology (1): Nintendo pirate to pay $1.5m
- Technology (2): Geek chic - Google debuts fashion line
- Technology (3): Conroy pushed ALP mate for top NBN job
- Jackson death: Doctor charged with involuntary manslaughter
- Defence against threats: $200m boost to airport security
- Immigration: ASIO rushed Ocean Viking asylum checks
- Politics: Abbott accused as he lets off steam
- Politics (2): Abbott downplays ironing housewives remark
- Censorship?: Scott hits back at ABC China push report
- Environment: Abbott calls Rudd's bluff on wild rivers
- Space: Asteroid collision leaves scientists starstruck
- Bureaucracy: Top public servant grilled on pot plants
- Business: The megabucks behind talking heads
- Lift-off: Boeing's new 747 jumbo makes first flight
- Well done: Driver saves day as wheels come off bus
- Cricket (1): Warne slams Strauss over Test break
- Cricket (2): Australia's global quest for night tests
- Cricket (3): We've cracked Gayle, Watson says
- Winter Olympic Games 2010: Organisers truck snow as man battles nature
- Winter Olympic Games 2010 (2): Boxing roo reprieve
- AFL: Stokes banned until round eight
- Super Bowl: Sporting fairytales can come true
- A-League: Transfer against the spirit
- Rugby union: For the crime of heresy, Berrick Barnes knows what to expect
- Rugby league: Bid to wind up Manly boss' business
- Rugby league (2): Time to unleash a Hayne hurricane
- Basketball: Final tip-off for Anstey and Mackinnon
- Hockey: Socks up before selection
- <i>Cougar Town</i>: On the prowl
- Theatre: Wicked effect on star's voice forces her to call it quits
- Forever young: Notes from the 2010 AC/DC tour
- Polyphonic Spree: So much material, so many options
- Split claim: Brad and Angelina sue
- Robert Pattinson: Sex scenes disturbing
- Food: Kangatarians jump the divide
- Thumbs down: Megan Fox's 'cosmetic deficit'
- Video of the day: Queen sung as never before
- Cheap flicks tonight so get at 'em, folks.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 21, Max: 28
- Melbourne: Shower or two developing. Min: 22, Max: 30
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 22, Max: 30
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 17, Max: 30
- Adelaide: Possible shower/thunderstorm. Min: 23, Max: 34
- Hobart: Shower or two. Min: 16, Max: 22
- Canberra: Mostly fine. Min: 17, Max: 32
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 27, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best Valentine's Day gadget
- Results so far...
- 1: USB Heart - 67%
- 2: Red Apple iPod Nano - 60%
- 3: USB Aromatherapy Oil Burner - 57%
- 4: Addject Kissing Love Tester - 54%
- 5: USB Desktop Photo Frame - 52%
- Click here to cast your vote!