It's a new week and a new month, the weekend is but a memory and the next one just a smudge on the horizon. How to get through? By checking out our news wrap, now updated several times a day. What's happening in the big wide world is just a link away.
- Australian Sun partners have more questions than answers about their future under the vendor’s new owner, Oracle.
- Networking solutions partner, ICT Networks, has become a top-tier Elite Enterprise Partner with Juniper.
- Mobile computing and scanner vendor, Intermec, has tripled its number of partners in Queensland to boost coverage in Northern Australia.
State of the market
- After a shaky morning start, the markets picked up and moved into positive territory. However, in the afternoon trading it fell sharply and at close the S&P/ASX200 was down 45.5 points at 4524.1.
- The Aussie dollar remains below the $US0.90 mark and currently sells for $US0.8867. Gold is selling for $US1083.2 an ounce while oil is steady and selling for $US73.
- Technology:Flashpoint as Jobs takes aim at Adobe
- Technology (2): Digital no threat to pay-TV, says Foxtel boss
- Technology (3): Parent power wins top spot on My School
- Technology (4): Fakebook - impostors target Test cricketers
- Economy: Rates certainty slips after stocks beating
- Politics: Abbott accuses Labor of blaming seniors for economic problems
- Health: Training fails to prepare new doctors
- World: More flaws in climate alarms
- Safety: Drownings soar in 'horror' summer
- Rockefeller death: Double life proved fatal for swinging multimillionaire
- Media: Anatomy of hate as magazine unleashes anti-Australian rage
- Snowed in: Mongolia hit by extreme cold weather
- Strange but true: Million-dollar home ... for under $20
Australian Open Tennis - Final wrap-up
- Out-psyched: Murray blows his big chance
- UK's sledging dandy: Brit who brought the spirit of bodyline to tennis
- Roger and out: Federer keeps keys to kingdom
- Fed express rolls on: Briton powerless to end drought
- By the way: Gifted Serena should really thanking the man upstairs
- Theories shot: Victor leaves all benchmarks behind him
- Role model: Serena Williams a champion of the oppressed
- Cricket (1): Clash landing - Pakistan considering action after tackler spoils Australian whitewash
- Cricket (2): Afridi's brain explosion
- Cricket (3): Save our summer ... Windies arrive to relieve punch-drunk Pakistan
- Cricket (4): Langer anoints White captain-in-waiting
- Football: Imperious United sweep Arsenal aside
- Football (2): Love rat Terry under political pressure
- Football (3): Supersub Gedo the hero as Egypt retain crown
- Golf: Mickelson feud puts wedge between golfers
- Rugby Union: Barnes gets a 10 for first showing
- new Mason's options down to two as Cowboys, Knights decide his fate
- new Step by step, Aussie tennis fights back
- Grammy Awards 2010: Our shame
- Grammy Awards 2010 (2): Neil Young finally gets his first gong
- Grammy Awards 2010 (3): The winners slideshow
- Grammy Awards 2010 (2): Arrivals slideshow
- Sundance : Australian film wins prize
- Furore: Nine presenter's suitability questioned after posing for men's magazine
- Sydney Festival: Classic new forms
- Lady Gaga: Comes clean - on everything
- Michael Buble: 'Craves sex and pot'
- It's over: Theron splits with partner of nine years
- Travel: Between a frock and a hard place
- Celebrity: Why Britney got dumped by Jason Trawick
- Oscars 2010: Cameron faces Titanic battle with ex-wife Bigelow
- Okay, nothing much happening tonight so it's time to get on a bike and go for a ride, or walk, jog, swim, hit the gym. Getting those body parts moving and start getting fit. For those of you already doing that ... it's obviously more of the same.
- Sydney: A shower or two. Min: 21, Max: 25
- Melbourne: Mostly sunny. Min: 17, Max: 32
- Brisbane: Showers easing. Min: 23, Max: 28
- Perth: Partly cloudy. Min: 18, Max: 29
- Adelaide: Humid. Shower or two. Min: 20, Max: 30
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 17, Max: 27
- Canberra: Mostly fine. Min: 16, Max: 28
- Darwin: Shower, afternoon storm. Min: 26, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best Valentine's Day gadget
- Results so far...
- 1: USB Heart - 79%
- 2: USB Aromatherapy Oil Burner - 71%
- 3: USB Desktop Photo Frame - 62%
- 4: Red Apple iPod Nano - 60%
- 5: MSI U100 Notebook Love Edition - 50%
- Click here to cast your vote!