Welcome to 2010, everyone! We look forward to providing you with news throughout the year, and we all hope 2010 is the start of a very happy decade.
State of the market
- The ASX is rounding out a strong growth week, and is currently up 33.6 points to 4933.0 at 11:25am
- The Aussie dollar is sitting at $US0.9174, while Gold has dropped a little to $US1133.6, while Oil is following suit, down to $US82.7
- Kissing power: A last-minute farewell kiss sparks airport chaos in America
- Syringe bandit: A syringe-wielding robber has hit a string of Melbourne stores
- Water wars: NSW and SA set to battle for Murray-Darling water supplies
- Boeing plummets: Aircraft maker, Boeing, is reporting a 61 per cent drop in orders
- War of the whales: Whalers ignored distress calls, according to protestors
- Favourite travel: Sydney beats all others to remain Australia’s top travel destination, says booking site
- Cricket (1): Calls for Ponting to change his game in ‘old-age’
- Cricket (2): Pakistan angry at team’s poor performance
- Soccer: Laser pointing Kuwait fans under fire
- Tennis (1): Nadal and Federer edge closer to showdown in Qatar
- Tennis (2): Lleyton Hewitt back-spasms and leads Australia to home-turf loss
- Jen breaks silence on nude shoot: Photoshop-free shoot for charity, former Miss Universe says.
- Avatar a complete smash: 2nd all-time box office winner.
- Naughty Megan Fox: blasted for hailing the benefits of swigging vinegar.
- Guide to Sydney Festival: Make the most of it this year
- No one watches these TV shows: Digital TV means there are more of them.
For the weekend:
- The lead up to the Australian Open has started! Get ready for the tennis with the warm-up competitions. The Brisbane International is on Channel 7 this weekend, and the Hopman Cup, over in WA, is on the ABC.
- Sydney: Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 21, Max: 29
- Melbourne: Mostly sunny. Min: 21, Max: 34
- Brisbane: Shower or two. Min: 21, Max: 29
- Perth: Sunny. Humid. Min: 19, Max: 32
- Adelaide: Dry. Sunny. Min: 24, Max: 41
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 16, Max: 24
- Canberra: Mainly fine. Min: 17, Max: 36
- Darwin: Showers/afternoon storm. Min: 25, Max: 32