How are the Christmas preparations coming along? Panicking? Don’t worry – you’re not the only one. Perhaps something in today’s Lunch Box will inspire you...
- Beacon IT is the most recent casualty in the industry, with the company being put up for sale by administrators.
- Australia’s green ambitions have taken a hit, with it dropping down to fourth-tier on IDC’s new ICT Sustainability Index.
- The Government has opened up a debate over a possible R18+ rating for videogames
State of the market
- The markets opened up after Wall St and resources pulled stocks higher. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 19.5 points at 4673.5.
- The Aussie dollar was down 0.17 per cent at $US0.9150. Gold prices bounced back and were up $US3.90 to sit at $US1123.8 an ounce while oil prices continued to fall losing $US0.07 to reach US69.8 a barrel.
- Chaos: BA passengers facing Christmas travel hell; Flights to Sydney threat
- Tiger saga: Nike stands by Woods
- Climate change: Opera House targeted for protest
- Copenhagen climate talks: Crunch negotiations begin as poorer countries return to talks
- Copenhagen climate talks (2): Gore faces own inconvenient truth
- Power: Electricity prises set to rise by up to 62 per cent by 2013
- Wrong numbers: The phone scam and Macquarie Bank
- Flying off the handle: A day with the Dalai Lama, a night with Jetstar
- A hostage negotiator's story: Bad men and bags of money
- Kenneally: Different jockey on the same horse
- Enforcer jailed: Ex-Olympic judo star put man's hands in toaster
- Farewell to a champion: Libby leaves a golden legacy
- Cricket: Siddle loses battle for WACA showdown
- Cricket (2): Tests no place to trial review system, says Ponting
- Cricket (3): Clark vows to fight on
- Rugby league: Thurston won't rule out code switch
- World Cup football: Serbs mark Kewell as World Cup enemy No 1
- Tennis: Dellacqua taking long road to Open
- A-League: Haunted by crowd troubles
- Formula One: Schumacher gets Ferrari green light
- Sydney to Hobart yacht race: Slade's Leopard a lion among supermaxis
- Horse racing: Silent man of the track departs, aged 85
- <i>Avatar</i>: Stratton says one of films of the year
- Axl speaks: Releases press release to say he hasn't released press release
- Love lost: Courtney loses guardianship of daughter
- 'Evil goblin': Ronnie Wood blasted by ex-girlfriend
- Denial: Filmmakers dispatch historian to the fence over distorted history
- Flight: Change is in the air
- Travel: Ship to shore in southern comfort
- Travel (2): DIY in the USA - top tips
For the weekend:
- Pedro Almodovar is a genius and almost all his films are instant classics. Broken Embraces is no different.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 19, Max: 28
- Melbourne: Windy. Change overnight. Min: 19, Max: 39
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 21, Max: 28
- Perth: Mostly sunny. Min: 14, Max: 25
- Adelaide: Dry. Late change. Min: 22, Max: 39
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 14, Max: 31
- Canberra: Sunny. Min: 13, Max: 36
- Darwin: Showers, afternoon storm. Min: 25, Max: 31
Product Wars: Best IT Invention
- Results so far...
- 1st - Google - 75%
- 2nd - Netspace - 64%
- 3rd - Apple iPods - 59%
- =4th - Apple iPhone - 58%
- =4th - Nintendo Gameboy - 58%
- Click here to vote for your favourite!