It’s summer time! But, since you’re in the office, pass the time until the weekend and the beach with some refreshing news pieces.
- Analysts say there will be plenty of jobs in 2010.
- Pipe has selected Equinix asinterconnect provider for PPC-1.
- itX held its Christmas party recently. The slideshow, here, shows that the theme of Happy Days was a big success.
State of the market
- The markets opened flat after commodity prices fell overnight, then slid after midday. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 31.2 points at 4606.7.
- The Aussie dollar was up fractionally at $US0.9085. Gold prices continue to fall losing another $US22.40 to sit at $US1121.0 an ounce while oil prices also fell again losing $US1.92 to a reach US70.7 a barrel.
- Unemployment: Surprise drop
- Top banana slips: How Westpac boss Kelly scored an own goal
- Don't blame vampires: Garlic prices soar
- Abbott's army: Rudd goes into battle
- Technology: Apple bets on Mac tablet
- Copenhagen climate talks: Tuvalu call splits developing nations
- State politics: Kenneally set to ride economic wave
- Tiger saga: Drugs claims - how far can his image fall?
- Tiger saga (2): Mistress Grubbs says sorry to Tiger's wife
- Health: Billions for Tamiflu vaccination may be wasted
- Education: A quarter of our kids are slow learners
- Super clinics: Rudd fails to deliver on promise
- Crime fighting: Police put ban on DNA evidence
- High seas: Cruise ship fever grips Sydney
- Mosman: They will fight them on the beaches
- Cricket: Clark snub; Lawson slams selectors
- Cricket (2): Siddle tells McKay he might be waiting longer for baggy green
- Golf: Allenby returning home with a heavy heart
- NRL: Clubs threaten rep player boycott
- NRL (2): Blues still believe Bellamy's the man to turn tide
- Champions League: Holders Barca into last 16
- World Cup bid: Rising above the bickering
- World Cup Bid (2): British High Commissioner says England should win hosting rights
- Swimming: Thompson claim 'better left for another day'
- Le derriere: France's obsession with the bottom
- Norah Jones: Change of pace, no loss of intimacy
- She wanted Ronnie's home ... : So he slept with her and dumped her
- Money troubles: Nicholas Cage sued by ex-wife for $14.3 million
- Lifestyle: Apple can make you go belly up
- Film: Broken Embraces reviewed - 4.5 stars
- new Stars descend on Broome
- Champers: Best of the bargain bubbles
- Tower power: Heels a girls' best friend
For the evening:
- Green Day are at Acer Arena tomorrow night so why not warm up with some blasts from their live show at their website.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 20, Max: 25
- Melbourne:Partly cloudy. Isolated showers until late afternoon. Min: 12, Max: 20
- Brisbane: Late shower or thunderstorm. Min 23, Max 32
- Perth: Hot. Sunny. Min: 16, Max: 33
- Adelaide: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 13, Max: 22
- Hobart: Shower or two. Min: 8, Max: 17
- Canberra: Mostly sunny. Windy. Min: 9, Max: 24
- Darwin: Showers, gusty storm. Min: 26, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best IT invention Results so far... 1st - Google - 75% 2nd - Netspace - 63% 3th - Apple iPhone - 59% =4th - Apple iPods - 58% =4th - Nintendo Gameboy - 58%
Click here to vote for your favourite!