It’s summer time! But, since you’re in the office, pass the time until the weekend and the beach with some refreshing news pieces.
- Another startup has announced its intentions to the market. Triple Cloud has been set up as a cloud products distributor, and already has five vendors to take to market.
- Brennan’s purchase of S Central assets seems to have been delayed.
- Finally, Channel Dynamics held its Christmas party recently. The slideshow, here, shows everyone having a lot of fun.
State of the market
- The markets fell strongly in early trading after credit downgrades and warnings directed at several governments, poor earnings reports in the US and other European factors. However, it began to recover after noon, climbing slowly, but steadily, from a 60 point loss. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 32.7 points at 4637.9.
- The Aussie dollar was up fractionally at $US0.9050. Gold prices continue to fall losing another $US20.60 to sit at $US1143.4 an ounce while oil prices also fell again losing $US0.93 to a reach US73.0 a barrel.
- Busted: Google sues work-at-home scammers
- Abbott's army: Lib leader open to sending more troops to Afghanistan if 'strategy is clear'
- Copenhagen climate talks: Summit in disarray after document leak
- Climate: Past decade the warmest since records began in 1850
- Childcare: Mission Australia to buy ABC centres
- Viral Tiger: Check out the Web pranks
- Tiger saga: Woods mother-in-law taken to hospital
- Fiennes old mess: Mile-high sex with actor 'ruined my life'
- Big winner: $40 million lotto winner found
- World: Obama in new push to end 'human tragedy' of unemployment
- Media: Singleton poised to gatecrash Melbourne AM radio market
- Technology: News Corp, others detail e-book venture
- Hissy fit: Has Moko the dolphin flipped?
- 2nd Test: Windies pipped by Clarke and the clock
- 2nd Test (2): Far from a Gayle
- Cricket: Umpire denies retirement following Test walk-out
- Swimming: New swimmer makes abuse claims against a coach
- Football: Owen's hat-trick breaks Wolfsburg hearts
- Boxing: Show me the money
- World Cup bid: A football-free zone
- Rugby league: NRL recruits private eye
- AFI Awards: Never mind the box office, feel the breadth
- High expectations: Celebrities not beacons of virtue
- Let us entertain you: Highlights and lowlights of the entertainment world 2009 (photos)
- Hot stuff: Karaoke keeps porn industry humming
- Radio: Steve Price set to quit
- Re-branding exercise: Russell ready to marry
- Nightmares: Hugh Grant's fear of 50
- Financial disagreement: Uma dumps fiancee over money
- Travel:Qantas mouthpice tweets all over Jetstar
For the evening:
- If you haven’t already, it’s time to start thinking about Christmas. BigPond has a few ideas to get you started.
- Sydney: A shower or two. Min: 20, Max: 26
- Melbourne: Few showers developing. Min: 15, Max: 22
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 23, Max: 34
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 13, Max: 29
- Adelaide: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 13, Max: 22
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 8, Max: 17
- Canberra: Afternoon shower. Windy. Min: 11, Max: 28
- Darwin: Afternoon storm. Min: 26, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best IT invention Results so far... 1st - Google - 75% 2nd - Netspace - 63% 3th - Apple iPhone - 59% =4th - Apple iPods - 58% =4th - Nintendo Gameboy - 58%
Click here to vote for your favourite!