It’s summer time! But, since you’re in the office, pass the time until the weekend and the beach with some refreshing news pieces.
- In the surprise announcment of the week, John Walters has been retrenched at Ingram Micro.
- Meanwhile, Senator Conroy is holding his breath for the iiNet v AFACT verdict.
State of the market
- With Wall St falling overnight, the market followed suit. At 12.150am, the S&P/ ASX 200 was down 55.0 points at 4719.6.
- The Aussie dollar is drifting slightly at $US0.9237. Gold keeps rising and has now hit $US1218.2 an ounce but oil prices is up fractionally to $US76.9 a barrel
- Federal politics: Rudd signals start of the Abbott attack
- Rees dumped: The 'puppet' premier
- Last gasp: Dying Labor turns to a new heroine
- NSW state politics: Opinion - Kristina Keneally a disaster waiting to happen
- Serious condition: Dive into deadly jellyfish tentacles
- And then there were three... : More claims of hanky panky rock Tiger
- Opposition: In the Hunt for direct action
- Rates: NAB's fairer rise sparks a price war
- Help: Dalai Lama gives Abbott some spiritual advice
- Business: Wall Street shares slide in late sell-off
- 2nd Test: Bold Bollinger back in baggy green and raring to put wind up Gayle
- 2nd Test (2): Pace and the plan to beat Windies
- Cricket: Sehwag 284 not out, on verge of record
- Tennis: Mauresmo retires
- Golf: Appleby makes his bid for NSW leadership
- Football: To be Frank, there would be no World Cup bid without this man
- World Cup: We're not afraid of anyone, says Verbeek
- Rugby league: Proposed model is not the answer
- Blanchett a hit: STC's Streetcar dazzles New York critics
- Grammy nominations: Beyonce, Taylor Swift lead the way
- Homebake: Set to sizzle
- Film: The Damned United gets four stars
- Media: Nine slips up on website viewing
- Rolled: Ronnie Wood arrested over alleged assault
- Television: Family Ties actress comes out
- Camp Christmas: Jingle belles
- <i>Paranormal activity</i>: Fright of your life
For the the weekend:
- There's just one place to be - it's sold out but you can always sit outside in Sydney's Domain and listen to the music at Homebake.
- Sydney: Mostly fine. Min: 19, Max: 25
- Melbourne: Shower or two. Min: 13, Max: 21
- Brisbane: Chance of late thunderstorm. Min: 19, Max: 30
- Perth: Hot, partly cloudy. Min: 21, Max: 37
- Adelaide: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 13, Max: 26
- Hobart: Morning shower or two. Min: 10, Max: 19
- Canberra: Partly cloudy. Min: 9, Max: 26
- Darwin: Afternoon shower. Min: 26, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best IT invention Results so far... 1st - Google - 75% 2nd - Netspace - 65% 3rd - Apple iPhone - 59% 3rd - Apple iPods - 59% 3rd - Nintendo Gameboy - 59%
Don't forget to click here to vote for your favourite!