Another week, another lunch. It’s getting closer to Christmas now (perhaps you’ve noticed the too-early decorations in supermarkets across the country), but for now enjoy the last few days of Spring – Summer is coming with a vengeance.
- TodayTech has been officially liquidated.
- Samsung has appointed Synnex to represent it in the market. It joins Ingram Micro in a move that Samsung claims is quite complementary.
- Finally, vote for the year’s best TechMo. Movember was hotly supported by the channel as always.
State of the market
- The market fell in early trading but soon recovered and generally flat-lined thereafter until late in the day when it rallied. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX2000 finished 17.7 points up at 4719.0.
- The Aussie dollar is mostly flat at $US0.9167. Gold is up slightly to $US1183 an ounce while oil has fallen a small amount to $US75.8 a barrel
Abbott wins shock victory
- New leader: Abbott wins, ETS dead
- Abbott: Humbled Tony to oppose Labor's '$120bn ETS tax'
- Scheme shot: Win a victory for ETS opponents
- Turnbull's future: Next race starts in his own backyard
- Minchin: Plays nice guy after the party has soured
- No quitter: Turnbull to stay in politics
- Opinion: Abbott wins by standing for something
- <i>Battlelines</i>: Abbott laid out his plans for all to see
- Pushed out: No place for Bishop
- Perspective: Liberals embrace spirit of kamikaze fundamentalism
- Carbon conundrum: Party faces no-win situation
- Poll: Two in three voters back emissions scheme
- Rates up: RBA decides on third successive rise
- Tiger's wayward drive: He's not out of bounds yet
- Technology: Fast internet turning into hard sell
- Technology (2): Atom smasher breaks power record
- NBN: Goldman Sachs wins key role in $43bn broadband project
- Telstra: Ready for fires
- The world: From jail to the White House, rabbi gets his message across
- Economics: Dubai World in constructive talks with banks to restructure $28bn debt
- Dalai Lama: Think global before local
- Flight: Qantas hopes to make price rises stick
- Vengeance day: Right goes for Rees
- Overseas relations: Obama to visit Australia in 2010
- Golf: Tiger withdraws from own tournament after crash
- Cricket: Ben Hilfenhaus out of second Test
- Cricket (2): Hodge announces retirement
- Tennis: Serena Williams handed two-year probation
- Rugby league: How the commission will run the game
- Rugby league (2): News, ARL to pick commissioners before bowing out
- AFL: Dennis-Lane's tale is one for the true believers
- Boxing: Minders exchange opening blows
- #1 with a bullet: Susan Boyle's dream is realised
- Hayley Warner: Signs to Sony
- Born to be wild: Audreys' Coates takes three laps on superbike
- Media: Internet pulls curtain on porn publishers
- Food: The way to a man's heart
- Restaurants: ARIA reviewed
- Travel: Swimming Fiji's isolated reefs
- Project Pete: Price wants Andre back
- Motoring: Fastest car in the world
- Minogue: Kylie working on new music
For the evening:
- Las von Trier is at it again. The highly controversial Antichrist was poorly received by the SMH, but most of von Trier’s films are criticised. Fans, and those into the more artistic side of cinema, will no doubt find this enjoyable.
- Sydney: Shower or two. Min: 17, Max: 22
- Melbourne: Sunny. Min: 12, Max: 26
- Brisbane: A shower or two. Min: 19, Max: 27
- Perth: Mostly sunny. Min: 11, Max: 25
- Adelaide: Fine. Sunny. Min: 18, Max: 32
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 8, Max: 20
- Canberra: Mostly sunny. Min: 6, Max: 24
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 26, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best IT invention
- Results so far...
- 1st - Google - 75%
- 2nd - Netspace - 65%
- 3rd - Apple iPhone - 59%
- =4th - Apple iPods - 58%
- =4th - Nintendo Gameboy - 58%
- There is still time to change the results. Click here to cast your vote!