Another week, another lunch. It’s getting closer to Christmas now (perhaps you’ve noticed the too-early decorations in supermarkets across the country), but for now enjoy the last few days of Spring – Summer is coming with a vengeance.
- Synergy Plus (ASX:CZP) has finalised its acquisition of Leading Solutions’ assets.
- A new disty has exploded onto the scene. Vadis Systems is based in Sydney and wants 12 vendor partners.
- Tasmania is working hard to sell the NBN to its residents and raise awareness as construction gets underway.
State of the market
- The market leapt in morning trading before crashing back down to negative territory. At 11:31am, the S&P/ASX200 was up just 1.3 points.
- The Aussie dollar had risen well overnight, but is retreating against the Greenback and is selling for $US0.9266. Gold is trading at record highs of $US1188 an ounce while oil has risen to $US77.9 a barrel
- Net's Clark Kent: Hoax slayer puts bite on vampires of the cyber world
- Godwin Grech: Offered to stay in treasury as mole for opposition
- Liberal party politics: Turnbull sharpens the knife
- Freed: Somali kidnappers release kidnapped Australian journalist
- Emissions trading scheme: 12 Liberal senators ready to cross the floor
- Media: Girl, 16, poses nude on magazine cover
- They burgered it up: Monster meal loses two cheese slice and 6.7g fat
- Italian sex scandal: Berlusconi between the sheets
- Australian first: Not a bride in sight as couple tie the knot
- Technology: TiVo overhaul challenges iTunes and T-Box
- Sports Performer of the Year: And the winner is ... Alexander the great
- Cricket - Ist Test (1): Ponting and co start long road to redemption
- Cricket - Ist Test (2): Friendless at $18, the West Indies mirror the decline in the red-ball game
- Cricket - Ist Test (3): Windies must take pride in performance or else a hiding is inevitable
- Cricket: Marsh boys leave inept Blues a tad moody
- Champions League: Besiktas end Man United's unbeaten home run
- Rugby union: Midweekers restore some pride in jersey
- NRL: Free as a Bird, with strings attached
- Motorsport: V8 circus animals set to rock and race Sydney
- Robbie Williams: Born to be mild
- Williams live: The one true Robbie returns, in all his audacious splendour
- ARIA Awards: Women on top
- <i>The Simpsons</i>: Take another dig at French
- Splendour In The Grass: Quits Byron for Woodford
- Rove: Muses over US move
- That kiss: Lambert controversy rumbles on as TV show cancels on him
- Film: Cold Souls reviewed
- Released: Swiss court grants Polanski $4.9 million bail
For the evening:
- Thursday night is shopping night, so hit the town and get your Christmas gear early! Everyone knows what happens when you leave it too late and early retail figures are pointing to a hot season.
Product Wars: Best IT invention Results so far... 1st - Google - 73% 2nd - Netspace - 66% 3rd - Apple iPhone - 60% 4th - Apple iPods - 59% 5th - Nintendo Gameboy - 55%
Think the Apple iPhone deserves to be first? Want Nintendo Gameboy to be on top? Click here to vote for your favourite!