Another week, another lunch. It’s getting closer to Christmas now (perhaps you’ve noticed the too-early decorations in supermarkets across the country), but for now enjoy the last few days of Spring – Summer is coming with a vengeance.
- Distributor, itX, is doing well, with an expected 20 per cent increase in profits for the half year for the 2010 financial year.
- Emantra, too, has been doing well, with a 1756.29 per cent increase in growth, according to the Deloitte Fast 50. It put Emantra easily into first place for the year.
- The S Central saga continues, with new
State of the market
- The market has had a very shaky start in morning trading after mostly flat results from Wall St. At 11:50am, the S&P/ASX200 was up 13.4 points
- The Aussie dollar is up very slightly to $US0.9232. Gold is continuing to rise at $US1166.6 an ounce while oil prices have fallen to $US76.5 a barrel
- Rom's story: How I endured 23 years in 'coma' (with video)
- Liberal party politics: Turnbull survives leadership spill
- Economy: High home prices sustainable, according to RBA
- Public transport: Metro critic says rail plan out of step with world
- Economy: Upswing to last years
- Media: Fetch locks in ISP partners for new pay-TV
- Short arm of the law: Sergeant sacked for issuing small fines
- Missing funds: Australian faces the music
- Mysterious Mrs Spence: Sydney woman left behind $1m
- Champions League: Liverpool crash out
- Free as a bird: Rugby league star's glassing conviction quashed
- Rugby union: Toomua breaks jaw as Wallabies bury Cardiff curse
- Cricket: Gayle back and ready to play
- Cricket (2): Hussey looking for Mr Consistency against Windies
- Cricket (3): Chanderpaul is a cricketer for the ages
- World Cup Football: Henry close to quitting French team after federation 'let him down'
- AFL: Hall told 'One strike and you're out'
- Boxing: Captain Hook vows to take requests
- On tour: George Michael to play Australia
- Good for you: Surprising superfoods
- Womaniser's woes: John Mayer's tragic sex life
- Radio: Let's hear it boys
- Free music: Download two Angie Hart songs
- Reality tv: Katie Price dumps boyfriend on live show
- Travel: Live and learn
- For the man who has everything: 10 extravagant Christmas gifts
For the evening:
- Sudoku is one of those games that can drive people crazy, but it’s also a fun way to get the grey matter ticking. There’s a few billion different ways to find Sudoku grids to play, but an easy (and free) option is sudoku.com.au. Make a cup of coffee and mash out a few grids!
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 20, Max: 27
- Melbourne: Shower or two developing. Min: 17 Max: 29
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 21, Max: 29
- Perth: Partly cloudy. Min: 11, Max: 23
- Adelaide: Rain periods easing. Min: 22, Max: 26
- Hobart: Fine day. Min: 13, Max: 23
- Canberra: Showers, possibly thunderstorm. Min: 15, Max: 31
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 25, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best IT Invention
- Results so far...
- 1st - Google - 72%
- 2nd - Netspace - 67%
- 3rd - Apple iPods - 60%
- 4th - Nintendo Gameboy - 57%
- 5th - Apple iPhone - 55%
- Think the Gameboy deserves first place over Google? Then click here to vote!