Another week, another lunch. It’s getting closer to Christmas now (perhaps you’ve noticed the too-early decorations in supermarkets across the country), but for now enjoy the last few days of Spring – Summer is coming with a vengeance.
- Online marketing facility, Campaign[X], has launched – a product of creative agency, Bang Australia
- A Frost & Sullivan unified communications report suggested that managed services would be the way to go in this space in the future
- Read up on the latest news behind Applaud, the integrator that recently appointed voluntary administrators here
State of the market
- The markets bounced about, mostly in positive territory, following yesterday's falls on Wall St. At clsoe of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 10.2 points up at 4749.2.
- The Aussie dollar is down to $US0.9265 with more pundits predicting no rate rise in December. Gold is up to $US1141.3 an ounce while oil prices are very slightly down to $US79.1 a barrel
- Greenhouse gases: Birth control role in cutting emissions
- Webby Awards: Top 10 internet moments of past decade named
- Asylum seekers: Christmas gift for Oceanic Viking protestors
- Technology: Couple arrested for spreading the 'Zbot'
- Stunned: Policeman zaps 10-year-old with Taser
- Weight loss: Big fat lies
- Hot stuff: NSW set for heatwave
- Medicine: Twin wakes up after marathon op
- World: Gay spy trial rocks Germany
- One.Tel: ASIC chased wrong men
- Crawford report: Australian Olympic dreams in ruins
- Reaction: Top 10 at Olympics 'not good enough'
- World Cup football:Cheating storm over Hand of Henri (video)
- World Cup Football (2): Controversial France, portugal through as Russia crashes
- Ferguson: Footballers are soft
- Cricket: Bollinger tipped for Test team
- Rugby league: Tigers sign extended deals for trio
- Rugby league (2): Manly will take Ox if deal collapses
- AFL: Tadgh settled on Sydney future
- Boxing: Green spars Jones clones
- Why Bella sucks: For grils, she's the heroine from hell
- Cruz control: How Penelope cruised to stardom
- Sexiest men alive: People names its hunks of the year
- IF Awards: Samson & Delilah scoops the gongs
- Travel: Go and go off - the world's top 10 party towns
- Flight: Jet that ate Boeing
- Film: Amreeka reviewed
- Perez Hilton assault: Black Eyed Peas manager says sorry
- Pageants: Beauties roll with punches
- Bear Grylls: Wild about action man
- Television: Matty Johns brings back the biff to Nine
For the evening:
- If you played video games as a kid you’re going to be hit by one heck of a nostalgic trip with The New Super Mario Brothers Wii game. It’s Mario right back to his roots.
- Sydney: Chance afternoon shower/thunderstorm. Min: 21, Max: 33
- Melbourne: A shower or two. Chance of a storm. Min: 23, Max: 32
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 22, Max: 31
- Perth: Partly cloudy. Min: 9, Max: 22
- Adelaide: Shower or two. Possible thunder. Min: 24, Max: 29
- Hobart: A little rain developing. Min: 16, Max: 24
- Canberra: Possible afternoon shower. Min: 19, Max: 37
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 27, Max: 34
Product Wars: Best IT invention
- Results so far...
- 1st - Google - 73%
- 2nd - Netspace - 72%
- 3rd - Nintendo Gameboy - 61%
- 4th - Apple iPods - 58%
- 5th - Social Networking sites - 53%
- Think Nintendo Gameboy is better? Or perhaps you prefer Apple iPods? Then here to vote and support your favourite!