Another week, another lunch. It’s getting closer to Christmas now (perhaps you’ve noticed the too-early decorations in supermarkets across the country), but for now enjoy the last few days of Spring – Summer is coming with a vengeance.
- Avnet and Eaton have buddied up. Avnet said the partnership will broaden its datacentre solutions offering
- In a massive overhaul of its partner network, projectors vendor, InFocus, has dropped all five of its distributors in favour of an exclusive relationship with Revolution Technologies
State of the market
- The markets jumped in morning trading rising as much as 47 points before losing ground steadily thereafter. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was up 9.6 points at 4739.0.
- The Aussie dollar weakened slightly and was trading at $US0.9283. Gold is selling for $US1139.2 an ounce while oil is on the market for $US79.2 a barrel.
- Xenophon attacks: Senator claims scientology a 'criminal organisation'
- You're out: 'Bondi Caveman' evicted, cliff-top home demolished
- Asylum seekers: Boat saga tests ties to Jakarta
- State politics: NSW not a developer's nirvana ... it's planning hell
- Graft: New Zealand world's least corrupt country
- Frozen over: Cruise ship carrying 100 tourists stuck in Antarctic ice
- Real estate: Rents rise across the country
- Medicine: No sign of brain damage for cojoined twins
- Employment: Workers and bosses $72bn in unpaid overtime
- Networks: Confusion over who runs the NBN
- Crawford report: Australian Olympic dreams in ruins
- Reaction: Top 10 at Olympics 'not good enough'
- Cricket: Windies rocked after Gayle goes home
- Cricket (2): Is it time to say goodbye to tests?
- Cricket (3): Lee in limbo as fatherhood and injury put him to test
- Cricket (4): Clarke back with a bang
- Rugby union: Giteau gives himself no chance
- Rugby union (2): Giteau gives himself no chance
- Football: I'll quit if Torres is sold, Benitez says
- Cycling: Only ochre will do for sprinter
- Fangs but no fangs: Twilight lacks bite
- 'We're bored': Yusuf Islam booed and heckled on comeback
- Rolf untied: Harris back as he aims for Christmas No. 1
- Food: Sydney's top five cheap eats
- John Mayer: Mainstreamer with a melody and mantras
- Film: Earth down, box office next
- Business of music: Vinyl and downloads up
- Books: Author Palin fails to turn over new leaf
- Rogue Traders: Have a new singer
For the evening:
- The new Popular Penguins series of books is exceptional – with a wide range to appeal to anyone’s taste. Our recommendation is to pick something new to read tonight.
- Sydney: Chance afternoon shower/thunderstorm. Min: 19, Max: 31
- Melbourne: Morning cloud. Min: 24, Max: 36
- Brisbane: Fine. Min: 21, Max: 32
- Perth: Few showers, storm risk. Min: 14, Max: 21
- Adelaide: Possible late thunder. Min: 25, Max: 41
- Hobart: Fine. Min: 14, Max: 25
- Canberra: Fine and sunny. Min: 15, Max: 37
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 27, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best IT invention
- Results so far...
- 1st - Google - 72%
- 2nd - Netspace - 70%
- =3rd - Apple iPods - 60%
- =3rd - Nintendo Gameboy - 60%
- 5th - Social Networking sites - 53%
- It's not too late to have your say. Click here to have your say!